Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 04:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Originally Posted by Dolphinflyer View Post
I think most of the professional pilots in this group are quietly sitting around the fire with a fine cigar and aged scotch pondering the mindless stupidity of your anti FFDO logic as stated above.

Hint: We've figured it out that there would be no difference in outcome if the Allah worshipping pilot went rogue had a gun or not.
Leave the good doctor alone. Somehow he seems to have the idiosyncrasies of our airline pilot jobs figured out from the comfort of his C172. Who are we to argue?
Old 01-01-2016, 02:39 AM
You scratched my anchor

Joined APC: Feb 2011

The delta flight last night that checked in 4 times on a busy (in use) center freq. Stepped on someone the first two. Third was after center transmitted to an aircraft on freq. Fourth transmission was complaining about this being his fourth unanswered call.
smh
Old 01-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Originally Posted by Dolphinflyer View Post
Hint: We've figured it out that there would be no difference in outcome if the Allah worshipping pilot went rogue had a gun or not.
Wow, that is really sad. A subset keep focusing that the pilot is at the controls of his plane. While I'm happy you seem to have figured that gem out, that item was NOT the point of my post.

Read it again closely, you might yet get it. Play out some scenarios in your head on what might happen. There is even another current thread here.

Some of these holes seem obvious but evidently it is really NOT obvious to some people, so I'll stop here, as rickair et. al. recommend.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:41 AM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

MOD INPUT: Let's steer clear of politics and religion, per the TOS.

Back to Tools....
Old 01-01-2016, 11:48 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Default Tool of the year

New guy here that's lurked for a long time. I'm a supervisor for a major retail concessioniare.
Last June after closing a store I was transporting a couple bank deposits to our main store and accidently dropped one.
When I got back to the bank drop I had one missing and frantically searched the concourse for it. No luck and called APD.
After being grilled and put on the hot seat they finally caught the guy on camera. Turns out a pilot with a major Regional was on the moving walkway behind me and picked it up, stuffing it in his pocket.

A warrant was issued and the guy was met at ORD as he came off his flight a couple weeks later. I would like to have seen his face when he was met by the police. Never did find out if he's now unemployed.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by Texraid View Post
New guy here that's lurked for a long time. I'm a supervisor for a major retail concessioniare.
Last June after closing a store I was transporting a couple bank deposits to our main store and accidently dropped one.
When I got back to the bank drop I had one missing and frantically searched the concourse for it. No luck and called APD.
After being grilled and put on the hot seat they finally caught the guy on camera. Turns out a pilot with a major Regional was on the moving walkway behind me and picked it up, stuffing it in his pocket.

A warrant was issued and the guy was met at ORD as he came off his flight a couple weeks later. I would like to have seen his face when he was met by the police. Never did find out if he's now unemployed.
Way to start off the new year! We may already have a nominee for TOTY!
Old 01-02-2016, 06:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Proof or it never happened.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:57 AM
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Why do you lurk on this website? I'm calling BS.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:09 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
Look, I don't know you and You don't know me. One thing I won't do is go on a site and call a person a liar Mr. potato.
It happened at CVG, concourse A, Paradies Shops. D.b.a CNBC News. If your are so inclined you are free to request the police report from APD at 859-767-3123, which is readily available through the FOIA.
Regards,
Art
Old 01-02-2016, 07:25 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
I'm not. Prove that his story is NOT true.