Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A320

I always kick the front two tires. Hard to see if one is flat when so little weight is on them to show it. A little kick lets me know.

Learned that the hard way years ago.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: Port Bus

Originally Posted by feltf4 View Post
I didn't see that in my pre flight guide
Oh it's in there.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by thevagabond View Post
Yes they do. I once missed one when I arrived a half hour before departure. But that certainly doesn't make them tools. It makes them early with a plane full of pleased and contented passengers. What would have been toolish would have been me complaining about it on APC. On another note, I don't believe the story about the RJ pilot and the stolen deposits. Many things tripping my BS alarms.
Was this directed at me? The situation you mention with Alaska isn't the same thing. If they closed 30 prior and pushed 25 prior, then more power to them for getting all the confirmed passengers to their destinations sooner / early. Here, the gate agent closed the boarding door 20 early. The jetbridge was still hooked up. The plane didn't push 20 early. Or 15 early, or even 10. The plane pushed with an official out time of 7 early. This is hardly noteworthy for leaving early, this is pretty much standard/on time. Like I said, if I got to the gate and the plane was pushing back 15 early, more power to them. The difference is refusing to process a jumpseater when the airplane clearly wasn't going out early, and there was still time to do so.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: A350

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Was this directed at me? The situation you mention with Alaska isn't the same thing. If they closed 30 prior and pushed 25 prior, then more power to them for getting all the confirmed passengers to their destinations sooner / early. Here, the gate agent closed the boarding door 20 early. The jetbridge was still hooked up. The plane didn't push 20 early. Or 15 early, or even 10. The plane pushed with an official out time of 7 early. This is hardly noteworthy for leaving early, this is pretty much standard/on time. Like I said, if I got to the gate and the plane was pushing back 15 early, more power to them. The difference is refusing to process a jumpseater when the airplane clearly wasn't going out early, and there was still time to do so.
Sorry you didn't get on. It is likely that everyone scheduled was on the aircraft early. As soon as the last peep is on that agent closed it out. Perhaps they were trying to push early. But my main point is that they aren't going to open the process back up after close out. Not for a jumpseater. The agents whole world revolves around getting that flight closed out on time. An early closeout is preferred and opening the process back up can only go bad for them.

I'm sure you know all this and still won't agree. But they are under job pressure that you are not. Their goals are not your goals. When there is a conflict, your goals will usually lose. Better luck next time and good luck finding a base that doesn't require a jumpseat ride.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Today's winner.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Originally Posted by cactusmike View Post
You have no clue how the FFDO program works. You don't seem to have much of a clue, period. Go lurk on Doctorsforum.com and leave flying to the professionals.
Aw, another FFDO wannabe? Leave the policymaking to the adults, cowboy.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Today's tool is Mr. Sanchez, the flight school student aiming lasers at pilots.

Daytona Beach police arrest aviation student in airline laser pointing | News-JournalOnline.com
Old 01-05-2016, 05:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

^^^^^^^^

I think the "FLAP" above wins another TOTD hands down.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post
Aw, another FFDO wannabe? Leave the policymaking to the adults, cowboy.
Yes. That sounds so logical. Those same lovable adult legislators that know what is best for everyone and just keep on making things consistently better. Quite the comedian you are.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post
Today's tool is Mr. Sanchez, the flight school student aiming lasers at pilots.

Daytona Beach police arrest aviation student in airline laser pointing | News-JournalOnline.com
I disagree. It seems that your are most definitely today's tool, doc.