Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 01-10-2016, 07:59 AM
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

Originally Posted by CheapTrick View Post
Yeah, Mike... that probably wasn't the way to go... since DAL pilots have done the same thing. It was before you got here, but if it can be done - every airline has done it. Except Qantas.
I'm aware. Just having juvenile fun with my favorite Alaskan pilot.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Claybird View Post
Being an airline pilot used to be a profession everyone looked up to. Over the past 15-20 years it's been ridiculed and people think that 'oh, like a bus driver, but in the air. These guys just push some buttons. Big deal'. His behavior does nothing but reinforce this erroneous thinking.

Also, I think it's important for the public and for your passengers, let alone your crew, to display (and act in a manner demonstrating) professionalism and somberness that such a position demands.
Passengers need to know you are capable of handling things and such antics give the wrong impression. (This guy may be the best damn pilot since Lindberg, but perception is reality).

Your crew needs to know they will HAVE to follow your guidelines in case of an emergency no matter what. Camaraderie of this nature does nothing to establish oneself as head of the peking order. People simply won't take you seriously and even if they do, they will do so reluctantly.

I'm sorry, but this is an utter embarrassment.

Just my 2 cents.
Agreed, the company encourages engagement, he got the attention he wanted. What's that saying about good and bad publicity? The quote about fly it like he stole it, hate to say it, but I've heard it before sitting in the back!
Old 01-10-2016, 08:03 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Narrow/Left Wide/Right

Originally Posted by Plane Ramrod View Post
Maybe if he was dressed like a pimp.
My bad, I thought that was his b6 video resume for HR.

Shoe-in
Close,

Well isn't being dressed in a go jets uniform like being dressed as a w.hore?
Old 01-10-2016, 08:29 AM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by Claybird View Post
nothing to establish oneself as head of the peking order. People simply won't take you seriously and even if they do, they will do so reluctantly.
I hear you comrade!
Old 01-10-2016, 08:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Yeah, Mike... that probably wasn't the way to go... since DAL pilots have done the same thing. It was before you got here, but if it can be done - every airline has done it. Except Qantas.
To be fair to the DAL pilots, after the investigation it was discovered that the airport authority had actually built the taxiway where the runway should have been.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Challenger 300/350 FO

Originally Posted by LNL76 View Post
I get it...and appreciate your views. No idea if he's a good pilot or not, if he's got his priorities straight, etc. Just saying my Italian mom intuition tells me he's a good guy, but too much of a good thing is sometimes a bad thing. I will tell you this, as cringe-worthy as his antics are, I'd much rather walk through a terminal/be on an overnight with this guy than some slimy/smarmy tool who leers at every female he sees, uses foul-language and is generally all-around embarrassing to be seen with. (too many of those dudes around, unfortunately!).
How do you know he doesn't?
Old 01-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Spirit would hire him in a minute.
Please, have you seen how talented this guy is? He's setting his sights a little higher. According to one of his video descriptions he'd be a "good fit for Southwest or JetBlue." Besides, why would he, a GoJet captain want to go to Spirit, only to make less than his servant-videographer RJ FO?
Old 01-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
To be fair to the DAL pilots, after the investigation it was discovered that the airport authority had actually built the taxiway where the runway should have been.
And that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Right Seat 737, Front seat T-6

Originally Posted by MikeF16 View Post
Don't you have remedial "this is a runway and this is a taxiway" video to go watch somewhere?
Actually, no ... Didn't you hear we have a company proprietary RNP approach to that taxiway?
Old 01-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Hates Commuting

every airline has done it. Except Qantas.
Oh that's gonna do me a lot of good because QANTAS doesn't fly to Los Angeles out of Cincinnati, you have to get to Melbourne! Melbourne, Australia in order to get the plane that flies to Los Angeles!