Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

PotatoChip:

Did you really need to waste even a second to try and explain something like that?
C'mon man!
Old 01-11-2016, 12:36 PM
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by sulkair View Post
What the heck is this suppose to mean? I watched the video. As Deadhead mentioned, there are simply no words! But why would you attach a phrase you know many people take very seriously with his silly over the top production?
A stereotype, a Ned Flanders-esque happiness and optimism.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:38 PM
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by RhinoPherret View Post
PotatoChip:

Did you really need to waste even a second to try and explain something like that?
C'mon man!
Someone asked, so I provided. I found it gratifying as well humorous. I also forced my wife to watch it. But hey, different strokes...
Old 01-11-2016, 06:36 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: B737 CA

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post
+1. Man, I could not get through "Bubba"'s collection of illogic and non sequiturs.
That's strange--you'd think a doctor would know at least some Latin. Maybe not. "Non sequitur" means "does not follow," which of course does not apply to my post, regardless. It refers to a conclusion that doesn't logically derive from the available or presented evidence. I presented verifiable facts and statistics, but inferred no actual conclusion, which could therefore neither logically follow, nor "not follow." The facts and statistics I listed (since you didn't bother to list any) merely demonstrated that your conclusions failed to follow any known logic.

There are some medical topics that I'm not willing to professionally ostracize myself and go loudly against the medical groupthink, but fortunately as physicians we usually come around to more reasonable actions and understandings through trust in empiricism and evidence, etc.
Good one, Doc. You're a hoot. I guess personal insults ("cowboy mentality" and "fantasy world") falls under your definition of "reasonable actions." Or perhaps it's a "reasonable understanding."

And nice buzzword-rationalization in that paragraph; you must have copied that straight from a medical ethics text. The problem is that you actually listed no empirical data or evidence from which to arrive at those actions and understandings, reasonable or otherwise.

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post
No more from me buddy, the crazies can clutch their p**is replacement in the cockpit before it is banned.
Ahh, more personal insults. What a surprise. You must be a hellava doctor. Great bedside manner, I'd bet:

Patient: "Doc, my chest hurts!"
CardioMD: "Screw you, gun nut!"

Remember Doc, it was you who invited a new thread to discuss this. You asked for scenarios and and information for an analysis. Nobody else--just you.

So I obliged your request. I started a new thread, actually answered your questions, listed verifiable facts, listed statistics, etc. And your response? Why to turn turtle, of course. Rather than address the glaring discrepancies between the actual facts and your personal prejudices, you chickened out and went back to heaping insults, and pretended that actually justifying your lack of logic was somehow beneath you or something. Then just go on to ignore.

You know, I don't actually personally know you as a doctor or anything, but let's see what I can infer so far, from your posts on this board:

- You appear to seek out precisely zero facts prior to drawing your conclusions. You then just present them as "obvious." Personal prejudices seem to guide your ideas, instead of logic and facts.
- You heap personal and pigeon-holing insults on everyone who holds differing opinions than you.
- You appear to have acted with moral cowardice, running away from a discussion that you yourself invited; opting instead just to fire off more personal insults as a response.
- On the plus side, however, you do seem to know a lot of buzzwords and catchphrases. You clearly don't know what they all mean, but boy, can you spout 'em.

Hey, all in all, I'm sold! Just what I'm looking for in a doctor! I really hope you take my airline's insurance, should up I ever have heart problems.

Bubba
Old 01-11-2016, 07:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Albie pretty nailed in regards to cardio in a previous post.

Originally Posted by SWA Bubba View Post
- On the plus side, however, you do seem to know a lot of buzzwords and catchphrases. You clearly don't know what they all mean, but boy, can you spout 'em.

Bubba
Which is kind of funny. Because in the safety section, I used a bunch of acronyms and terms that are specific to aviation, mostly airline transport turbine type terms. Stuff that most GA just doesn't really deal with, etc.

And he got on his high horse and basically slammed for using them. Probably because most of it was over his head. As was much of the discussion IIRC.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008

"Cruising in his Pinto..."

The world loves a wannabe
Old 01-12-2016, 04:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Window seat

How many pilots are on a doctors forum pretending to be knowledgable about being a doctor?
Old 01-12-2016, 04:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by Sliceback View Post
How many pilots are on a doctors forum pretending to be knowledgable about being a doctor?
My guess is there are probably a lot. But the difference is, the pilot wouldn't pretend at all. He would just get on there and state- "Ok Boys- listen up. I'm an airline captain and here's what the truth is about that vascular disorder you're discussing. Oh- and I was a navy pilot too."
Old 01-12-2016, 06:18 AM
Runs with scissors

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .

Originally Posted by FMGEC View Post
My guess is there are probably a lot. But the difference is, the pilot wouldn't pretend at all. He would just get on there and state- "Ok Boys- listen up. I'm an airline captain and here's what the truth is about that vascular disorder you're discussing. Oh- and I was a navy pilot too."
And my wife's a nurse, and I laid over in a Holiday Inn Express last night...
Old 01-12-2016, 06:37 AM
Running the House

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Go away for ONE DRILL WEEKEND and all the videos get taken off the web