Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 07:50 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2015

This "Tool of the Day" thread "IS" the tool of the day!
Old 01-17-2016, 05:34 AM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Claybird View Post
Ever drove in LA? Middle lane is not a safe haven here. Drivers can overtake you from BOTH sides of the road plus... you are allowed to talk and drive as long as you're using a hands-free!
LA is crazy but they have a method to their madness...know and follow the etiquette and it will be OK (unless it's one of the three days it rains each year ).

Several other places I can think of the drivers are just plain stupid and oblivious...like SLC.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

The drivers where you are from are the worst. Nobody knows how bad traffic can be until they've driven through your city.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:50 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: systems analyst

Holy crap, go back to FFDO instead of rehashing scenes from driving miss daisy
Old 01-17-2016, 06:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
Had to go to Seattle the other day. Traffic was bad as usual and we came to a crawl on I5 right above BFI. So i looked over to the left to watch a corporate jet take off. I turned to the right just in time to see the driver in the next lane also trying to look at the jet. He was picking his nose.
Oh yikes, ya I'm that driver. Always looking at airplanes and picking my nose. In fact, it probably was me. I should be more careful.

The sad thing, it's not the first time I've been caught picking my nose when the driver next to me pulls over...
Old 01-17-2016, 06:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
LA is crazy but they have a method to their madness...know and follow the etiquette and it will be OK (unless it's one of the three days it rains each year ).

Several other places I can think of the drivers are just plain stupid and oblivious...like SLC.
SLC drivers remind me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVWHa5cpMZo
Old 01-17-2016, 08:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Originally Posted by 727C47 View Post
Han Solo was a freight dog ,God bless him,and cardiomd does not merit the abuse generated on these threads against him, God bless him too, cheers out.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Dolphinflyer View Post
Bubba,

Give up in the interest of preserving the Tool thread and the fact you will never get a response conceding a point from a MD regards to aviation.
I concede many and all points that are correct, or even well-thought and reasoned arguments.

Originally Posted by Claybird View Post
I must say haven't followed FFDO discussion much so...

I am sorry, I can't put it differently, but... who are you?
Commercial pilot, cardiologist, researcher, former engineer.

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
Groupthink is rampant on APC. Differing views are generally met with disdain and often with moderator action. Sorry if you can't accept that.

Groupthink is also pervasive among the FFDO community. Even though they can't show even one case where an FFDO has prevented an action, they insist on self-glorification of "another layer of safety" so they can continue to tote around their pistols, badges and Barney Fife egos.
Strangely enough I have seen this quite well from the FSDO to the community FAASTeam architecture. Certain CAP units become overrun with a massive boys' club groupthink, and it often ruins them. It is yet another reason that having guys like the mature crew that I named previously involved in decision-making and not the fervent crazy few.

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
Yes. I did. You can the description here: http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/2044607-post7485.html
Thanks. I'm pretty happy I didn't get to see it.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Today's tool: (It is not a joke!)

Turkey takes airplane ride as passenger's 'emotional support... | www.ajc.com
Old 01-17-2016, 09:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Cardio,

The turkey story isn't even news for most major airline pilots. A good many of us have seen far worse. Probably news for the new guys or those that have little operational experience. A comfort goose, pig and my favorite, a pitbull are some of my favorite past highlights.

You state you are a Commercial Pilot? Just the rating or actual real experience in 135/121, large aircraft 91 or Military Ops?

Thanks
Old 01-17-2016, 09:13 AM
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by Dolphinflyer View Post
Cardio,

The turkey story isn't even news for most major airline pilots. A good many of us have seen far worse. Probably news for the new guys or those that have little operational experience. A comfort goose, pig and my favorite, a pitbull are some of my favorite past highlights.

You state you are a Commercial Pilot? Just the rating or actual real experience in 135/121, large aircraft 91 or Military Ops?

Thanks
I've been flying 121 and 135 for 11 years. I have never seen a darned turkey on board in a passenger seat!! I'd say it's entertaining news to this airline pilot. How many turkeys have you seen??

Cargo?... I've flown pigs, horses, baby giraffes, a baby elephant, rare art work, one off luxury cars, but none in a passenger seat.