Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 02-06-2016, 05:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: A350

Originally Posted by Dolphinflyer View Post
In fact, after well over two decades of working in this sub-primal basement of the movie "Midnight Express", I think I have enough material for a double album and year opening for Marshall Mathers
That simplistic, stylistic, heuristic linguistic was straight up artistic, not sophistic.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:36 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: systems analyst

Originally Posted by Dolphinflyer View Post
Definitely not a Tool, but art? GMAFB. I won't belittle the guy for fooling around and making something, I believe respect for one's fellow man in his pursuits in life is a virtue. However, that doesn't qualify anything as a work of art.

I took the time to listen and IMHO, there wasn't anything I couldn't compete with after 2.5 days of shopping on Amazon Prime for audio equipment and some random jabbering, and I just busted 50 years old. In fact, after well over two decades of working in this sub-primal basement of the movie "Midnight Express", I think I have enough material for a double album and year opening for Marshall Mathers
prove it.....otherwise it just sounds like talk

i've come to the belief there is a generational gap here. I bet that folks hated zepplin, floyd, marley, hendrix, credence,...etc etc. prob said exactly what im hearing now. think about it
Old 02-06-2016, 05:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: A350

Originally Posted by deadseal View Post

i've come to the belief there is a generational gap here. I bet that folks hated zepplin, floyd, marley, hendrix, credence,...etc etc. prob said exactly what im hearing now. think about it
You are angry for a new guy. Got some stuff going on at home?
Old 02-06-2016, 05:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Downwind, headed straight for the rocks, shanghaied aboard the ship of fools.

Most of us love those bands. Especially Zepp. I just don't like rap, especially lame whiny rap.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

I'm probably younger than you for the record.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: E-175

The Seaborne pilot who loudly said "Are those your pilots? No way, they can't be!" to the gate agent, as so everyone could hear because we looked young. We were both 30ish, really? (I expect this from an ignorant passenger, not a "professional" pilot) And then proceeded to TELL the captain "I am on your jumpseat today" and walked away, didn't even ask, or just nicely say " they put me on the JS".
Tool
Old 02-06-2016, 09:13 AM
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by GrassLandings View Post
The Seaborne pilot who loudly said "Are those your pilots? No way, they can't be!" to the gate agent, as so everyone could hear because we looked young. We were both 30ish, really? (I expect this from an ignorant passenger, not a "professional" pilot) And then proceeded to TELL the captain "I am on your jumpseat today" and walked away, didn't even ask, or just nicely say " they put me on the JS".
Tool
In that case, hopefully he was politely denied the jumpseat.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
In that case, hopefully he was politely denied the jumpseat.
Yes, please tell us that he was denied the JS and told why.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: E-175

Sadly no, he was not because he had a seat in the back, with 10+ open seats and it was intl so he wast allowed up front anyway. We were both highly in favor of it though had he needed the JS for real. It just didnt go that far. Maybe he said what he said because he knew he CANT have the JS. But still, making a scene at the gate was very tool-like indeed
Old 02-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by GrassLandings View Post
Sadly no, he was not because he had a seat in the back, with 10+ open seats and it was intl so he wast allowed up front anyway. We were both highly in favor of it though had he needed the JS for real. It just didnt go that far. Maybe he said what he said because he knew he CANT have the JS. But still, making a scene at the gate was very tool-like indeed
Doesn't matter. He's STILL exercising the PROFESSIONAL COURTESY of the JS privilege, even if riding in a seat in back. And can STILL be denied.