Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 10:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Originally Posted by GrassLandings View Post
Sadly no, he was not because he had a seat in the back, with 10+ open seats and it was intl so he wast allowed up front anyway. We were both highly in favor of it though had he needed the JS for real. It just didnt go that far. Maybe he said what he said because he knew he CANT have the JS. But still, making a scene at the gate was very tool-like indeed
At the very least I would have had a little "debrief" with him. Not trying to armchair QB you but it royally irks me when one of our own doesn't know how to act professionally in public.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: systems analyst

Originally Posted by thevagabond View Post
Most of us love those bands. Especially Zepp. I just don't like rap, especially lame whiny rap.
I guess it's relative.....as always. I'll just say that every time I want to throw my daughters iPod out the window I try and chill out, take a breath, and realize that I'm just getting older
Old 02-07-2016, 01:34 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2015
Talking

Gentlemen,

I don’t have the time to spare currently to convince or attempt to justify this song to the few that don’t understand it. It’s not at stab at you personally but for those that “don’t get it” you fall in the minority.
I will post the lyrics since a few find it “difficult” to understand the music or words recorded, “U 87” for those that work in professional studios.

You must understand, UGL is comprised of several layers of work and music is about 8% of what we do.
This song was created for the regional industry and the pilots that serve it. Once you have the lyrics it should make a lot more sense to you.

Thanks for taking the time to read and listen. I don’t expect to reach 100% and anytime you put yourself in the public you have to be prepared to take the good and the BAD.

Last but not least; MODS, I guess you have guidelines to decide what posts deserves to be merged into 4 year old threads? Obviously I would want this song to have its own thread but downgrading it into a 4 year old post? Like Chris Berman says, “Come on MANNNNNN”!

Maybe once you actually get it you will reconsider making this a separate thread for ALL regional pilots to hear!
LA

A Dollar Fifty (Solo) | D'Tyner

Title: A Dollar 50 Cents
Label: UGL LLC
Artist: Captain 1-800-Truck-Drivers

Lyrics by Bar:
Let me start off saying I love everybody/
From The Pilots Flight Attendants Drivers in the Lobby/
Man, this my career boy this aint a hobby/
I got my resume in, I’m trying to get to Hobby (Airport)/

Please, they sent another one that’s full of garbage/
Want they’re pilots living like we commute in with the Amish/
Pull up to the airport with my horse and buggy/
Hop out like the driver but I aint no dummy/

Captain why you stressed out why you look like ish?/
Cause I just left Walmart, where I pitch my tent/
You think they pay me enough, so I can get some rent?/
They just sent me a raise, A Dollar 50 Cent/

Please, you got me out here cracking jokes/
If I tell these passengers they’d have a stroke/
Damn Chip chill out boy I’m having fun/
Like we at the BOD passing out these crumbs/

I guess you forgot I got a family and a little one/
I guess you want me to treat him like the red headed son/
Nope, cause that don’t match my Christian values/
And you can try to takes us down like the value, Jet
Calling all ExpressJet Pilots PLEASE/
Calling all my airline pilots PLEASE/
Calling all my mainline brethren PLEASE/
1.50 1.50 1.50 PLEASE/

Don’t try to knock me/
I got a lawyer Thom Ross try to stop me/
In the ring I’m balboa Like I’m Rocky/
They wanna they wanna beam me like I’m Scotty, PLEASE
Old 02-07-2016, 05:32 AM
Banned

Position: systems analyst

Like I said I'm not a fan of rap or country, but I can tell the rhythm is good and the lyrics are poetry in thier own right. Well played. It's obvious it took talent to string it all together. Don't worry about the haters here. They are just petty men yapping like little old dogs at the heels of passion. Didn't someone just post a Theodore Roosevelt quote about don't mind the little men that cry havoc when the true hero stumbles during his endeavors?
Old 02-07-2016, 08:52 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by deadseal View Post
Like I said I'm not a fan of rap or country, but I can tell the rhythm is good and the lyrics are poetry in thier own right. Well played. It's obvious it took talent to string it all together. Don't worry about the haters here. They are just petty men yapping like little old dogs at the heels of passion. Didn't someone just post a Theodore Roosevelt quote about don't mind the little men that cry havoc when the true hero stumbles during his endeavors?
I've been doing this long enough that its just apart of the journey. However to the gentlemen who said he could come up with something similar with a few hundred dollars and an hour of his time? Get off the gas man...

Yes music is a passion but this song in particular was created for PILOTS! I mean can no one here relate to what was talked about?

It's a tough industry (Airlines not Music LoL) and I admit a majority of pilots are very conservative and just don't understand it, thats fair...

MODS; I've seen some questionable things in the past but I do have a question. Who decides what gets merged and why? As you will notice I didn't advertise my song on this forum it just ended up on it, which I knew it would without my help. So who decides these things?

If you think I need pilots to support UGL your delusional...

Again thanks to the guys who listen and have appreciation for what goes into something like this...

LA
Old 02-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by LeTourneauAlumn View Post
I've been doing this long enough that its just apart of the journey. However to the gentlemen who said he could come up with something similar with a few hundred dollars and an hour of his time? Get off the gas man...

Yes music is a passion but this song in particular was created for PILOTS! I mean can no one here relate to what was talked about?

It's a tough industry (Airlines not Music LoL) and I admit a majority of pilots are very conservative and just don't understand it, thats fair...

MODS; I've seen some questionable things in the past but I do have a question. Who decides what gets merged and why? As you will notice I didn't advertise my song on this forum it just ended up on it, which I knew it would without my help. So who decides these things?

Again thanks to the guys who listen and have appreciation for what goes into something like this...

LA
I think your song is fire. I hope you make more of them.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:24 AM
You scratched my anchor

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by LeTourneauAlumn View Post

LA
Awesome...
Old 02-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: Downward-Facing Dog Pose

D'Tyner (aka Captain 1-800-Truck-Driver),

A Dollar Fifty (Solo) | D'Tyner

I can't say I'm a huge fan of rap, but I thought that was a killer cut. I just paypal'd the tune and downloaded to my in-flight playlist. Well done, sir. Takes cajones to put yourself out publicly like that. F the haters, you know they always gonna hate.

Hope I get to meet you one of these days. 1st round is on me.

Last edited by SayAlt; 02-07-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by SayAlt View Post
F the haters, you know they always gonna hate.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:34 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Drake called and wants his beat back.