Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 02-26-2016, 09:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by WesternSkies View Post
Today the Bruh from GoJet that graciously took his DH seat in the back and "let" me have the Jumpseat on my own company metal.
Wow.
Is that how he described the situation to you, I'm guessing.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Today the Bruh from GoJet that graciously took his DH seat in the back and "let" me have the Jumpseat on my own company metal.
Wow.
So you are a non rev. And he has a ticket. So you are mad that he took "HIS" seat that the company booked?
Old 02-26-2016, 10:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Downward Dog

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
He had a positive space DH? If so, he SHOULD have taken seat in the back.
Which makes him the TOTD. "Letting" me have the jump on my own metal was the cherry. I humbly accepted his gracious act.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Wow.
Actually that makes you the TOTD "bruh"
Old 02-26-2016, 10:23 AM
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Which makes him the TOTD. "Letting" me have the jump on my own metal was the cherry. I humbly accepted his gracious act.
Ah, gotcha!! Yeah, super nice of him!
Old 02-26-2016, 11:00 AM
You scratched my anchor

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
He had a positive space DH? If so, he SHOULD have taken seat in the back.
Legacy American Airlines pilots don't.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by Texraid View Post
New guy here that's lurked for a long time. I'm a supervisor for a major retail concessioniare.
Last June after closing a store I was transporting a couple bank deposits to our main store and accidently dropped one.
When I got back to the bank drop I had one missing and frantically searched the concourse for it. No luck and called APD.
After being grilled and put on the hot seat they finally caught the guy on camera. Turns out a pilot with a major Regional was on the moving walkway behind me and picked it up, stuffing it in his pocket.

A warrant was issued and the guy was met at ORD as he came off his flight a couple weeks later. I would like to have seen his face when he was met by the police. Never did find out if he's now unemployed.
Just had lunch with a friend from trans states, she was telling me a story about how one of their captains was arrested on the plane in ohare. Story is he picked up an envelope or something full of 700 in cash off the ground at a previous airport. Paid a fine and still has his job. Sounded suspiciously close to this.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by encore View Post
TOTD: These mature aviators who don't realize that their "Flight number" input in their FMS is seen more than just them. Its part of their ADS-B data and can be seen by ATC, flight tracking programs, and other airplanes that have ADS display capability.

well, he does work for MEsa. So I guess it's kind of accurate lol
Old 02-26-2016, 02:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: 320/A

Originally Posted by HobGoblin View Post
Just had lunch with a friend from trans states, she was telling me a story about how one of their captains was arrested on the plane in ohare. Story is he picked up an envelope or something full of 700 in cash off the ground at a previous airport. Paid a fine and still has his job. Sounded suspiciously close to this.
If I recall currently, the OP's credibility was called into question by more than one responder in this thread. Maybe time to eat some crow?
Old 02-28-2016, 12:02 PM
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

To the rest of the crew on a recent layover, but mostly my captain.

Captain and I were to DH a short leg later in the day and while on the van I asked him if he had reserved his seat for the DH leg yet. He replied something to the effect of "nope, I plan to just take the JS so the company can get an extra revenue pax aboard". After I choked down my bile, I mentioned that by doing so, he might be depriving a commuter of their ride to/from work. I didn't even bother mentioning how he was eroding hard won benefits in the contract or kow-towing to the company during section 6 negotiations since he's a through and through kool-aid drinker. He didn't seem overly concerned, and all the cat ranchers got on board praising what a good guy he was. Fortunately there were empty seats anyway and he ended up sitting in his contract approved seat. I guess in order to seal his tooldom and make up for not riding the jumpseat, after I had a fairly nice landing he proceeded to critique my landing technique for the entire taxi back to the ramp. I didn't believe we had guys like this when I flew with all the cool NYC captains, but ATL has really opened my eyes to why so many people (rightfully) think we're a group of such complete DBs.