Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 08:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by deadseal View Post
Dude, it was a made up PA. You just got trolled so hard. You sound like you have low self esteem. (By the way you just did the exact thing you claimed to hate by talking about stupid landings in some stupid place).
On the contrary sport. My PAs are about the journey and destination WX and that's it. The pax couldn't give a rat's patoot about my exploits with Hoover, Lindbergh, Blario, or others... Do you have the need to share your past with the folks stuck I your tube? If so... whose got the low esteem issue?

By the way sport, is the low self esteem comment a canned post filler comment?
Old 06-13-2016, 11:17 PM
Strike averted!

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: B737

I was there and heard it. It was awesome.

The replies ranged from "my helmet bag had more traps than you," to "you're an idiot!"

We were both laughing over it--I hadn't heard it was a fake until now but damn it was funny.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: A350

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
On the contrary sport. My PAs are about the journey and destination WX and that's it. The pax couldn't give a rat's patoot about my exploits with Hoover, Lindbergh, Blario, or others... Do you have the need to share your past with the folks stuck I your tube? If so... whose got the low esteem issue?

You flew with Blario? Was he Popeye's nemesis?
Old 06-14-2016, 06:11 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: systems analyst

To answer you:
No, no, and no

I have 2 questions for you:
1. Why do you keep calling people "sport"?
2. Do you really think that you have"done a wee bit more exciting flying on 6 continents" when compared to combat missions or say a night red flag as mission commander in a viper? Or night low level in a Herc?

Are drunk or crazy when you rant?
Old 06-14-2016, 06:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009

Has to be fake. The two times I have witnessed said PA, it was before pushback. Maverick and Iceman used the FA interphone and stood at the cockpit door in full glory. Slight pot belly and comb over to top things off. To be fair, one was Navy, the other USAFA.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Not at my desk anymore.

Dang! I sure opened a can of worms...
Well, at least my suspicions were confirmed. I got a laugh out of it for sure, but that's because it was the first time I had heard it.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Starboard Side, weekends & holidays.

Anyone want odds on whether captjns is a 30 year old living in mom's basement with a bad-ass Microsoft Flight Simulator setup?
Old 06-14-2016, 07:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by FmrFreightDog View Post
Anyone want odds on whether captjns is a 30 year old living in mom's basement with a bad-ass Microsoft Flight Simulator setup?
He is probably a very sad and lonely individual in real life.

Let's give him the recognition he deserves for those hard-won victories across 6 continents.

"In addition to an extra ration of breadsticks, we the people of Airline Pilot Forums award captjns, in recognition of bravery and courage in the face of cross wind landings, the Medal of Participation."

Old 06-14-2016, 07:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010

100% agree. No pax gives a sh!t about how many combat hours you have (yes I had a captain that said it). The military guys that do this need to stop. And I am a military guy with plenty of combat hours. Same goes for hrs flown, carrier landings, .......
Old 06-14-2016, 08:51 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: systems analyst

Originally Posted by duece12345 View Post
100% agree. No pax gives a sh!t about how many combat hours you have (yes I had a captain that said it). The military guys that do this need to stop. And I am a military guy with plenty of combat hours. Same goes for hrs flown, carrier landings, .......
Thank you captain obvious.....that's not the issue here. It's this dude ranting at an event that didn't occur, Insulting someone for saying they respect the sacrifice and complexity of military flying, and then topping it off with having the balls to say that airliner flying is as dangerous/complex/intense as military flying. It's just not true, and anyone who says that just sounds plain foolish/ jealous/ naive. Of course there are specific events that will raise your heart level and test your skills in any airplane, but we all know what I'm talking about as a whole. I respect both sides of the coin, civilian and military. One does not make a person better than another, but give me a break.