Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 03:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by PruneJuice View Post
Tools of the month, those idiots eating the Christmas epaulettes and ties. You look goofy and unprofessional.
Ya anybody that eats clothing has gotta be a tool. Just wearing holiday stuff, meh not so much.

On a related note, i drink a gallon of eggnog so i can fart mistletoe. My fellow crew loves it. Tis the season to spread some holliday cheer.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: On the hotel shuttle

This guy ...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/passen...182954922.html

And for the win ...

Updated statement: Customers removed for disruptive behavior | Delta News Hub

Looks like the hustler's latest publicity stunt didn't go as planned.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010

Originally Posted by GogglesPisano View Post
This guy ...

And for the win ...

That's the thing that drives me nuts in these incidents.

They pull somebody off of a flight because of disruptive behavior, and/or the crew has a legitimate security concern -- and then they turn around and book the perp on another flight!

Sometimes only an hour or so later!

And what are the chances that anybody informs the new crew that is inheriting the screwball of his or her previous incident?

Like when the agents will let a pax board who is obviously falling-down drunk, against the regulations.

They just want that person out of their hair. Let the flight crew deal with it.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:29 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by GogglesPisano View Post
This guy ...

And for the win ...

Not surprising a majority of these "hate crimes" are hoaxes.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4059082/Ivanka-Trump-aggressively-confronted-man-JetBlue-sitting-children-screams-father-ruining-country-asks-flight.html

I wonder if they will be banned for life?
Old 12-23-2016, 08:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by trip View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4059082/Ivanka-Trump-aggressively-confronted-man-JetBlue-sitting-children-screams-father-ruining-country-asks-flight.html

I wonder if they will be banned for life?
They were banned until the next flight.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Guppy Gear Slinger

Sadly, I got another one, from just this morning.

Scenario: We're sitting near the gate at an outstation, waiting for our flow window into our hub to open up.

Anyhow, we're facing a 3-hour delay. A passenger comes up to us and quite aggressively asks, "How long is this delay going to be? This is ridiculous!! I have an international connection!" We're used to this sort of stuff, so we patiently explain why flow control exists, how we're frequently in touch with the company and ATC to see if there's a chance for an earlier window, and so forth. We're patient and apologetic, just like you'd expect.

This doesn't satisfy the passenger. She starts the usual rant about inconvenience, delays, how this late flight will ruin her life, etc. Of course, we continue to apologize, etc....

Wait for it...

wait for it...

Finally she storms off in a huff, but not before declaring "Next time I'm going to buy a ticket instead of non-revving!!"

I wish I was making this up. I really, really do.

PS The flight after ours was cancelled, so we took all of the revenue pax from that flight that we could fit. No non-revs made it on board.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post

Scenario: We're sitting near the gate at an outstation, waiting for our flow window into our hub to open up.

Anyhow, we're facing a 3-hour delay. A passenger comes up to us and quite aggressively asks, "How long is this delay going to be? This is ridiculous!! I have an international connection!" We're used to this sort of stuff, so we patiently explain why flow control exists, how we're frequently in touch with the company and ATC to see if there's a chance for an earlier window, and so forth. We're patient and apologetic, just like you'd expect.

This doesn't satisfy the passenger. She starts the usual rant about inconvenience, delays, how this late flight will ruin her life, etc. Of course, we continue to apologize, etc....

Wait for it...

wait for it...

Finally she storms off in a huff, but not before declaring "Next time I'm going to buy a ticket instead of non-revving!!"

PS The flight after ours was cancelled, so we took all of the revenue pax from that flight that we could fit. No non-revs made it on board.
LOL. That's amazing & sad.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: On the hotel shuttle

Well, that's a mistake I never make.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:29 PM
Junior Senior

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa

Wait for it...

wait for it...

Looks like karma paid Ms. Entitlement Mentality a cruel visit!