Tool of the day

Subscribe
460  860  910  950  956  957  958  959  960  961  962  963  964  970  1010  1060 
Page 960 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Have to agree with shy. That is toolish to have the strobes on when lined up on the runway. A little common sense makes Regs and policies go a long way.
I'll eat crow if they were in a line on a runway being utilized as a taxiway.
Quote: I'll eat crow if they were in a line on a runway being utilized as a taxiway.
The original post said several radio calls were made about the strobes. Unlikely that would happen if it was a proper use of them.
Quote: The original post said several radio calls were made about the strobes. Unlikely that would happen if it was a proper use of them.
People have done that to aircraft in position and hold... and complained about it here!
Quote: People have done that to aircraft in position and hold... and complained about it here!
Like I wrote earlier, anyone who critiques a pilot for flipping on the strobes while sitting on the active waiting for departure is a dangerous clown. AA and it's step children seem to be overrun with these Bozos based on my experience in CLT and PHL. Mine will always be on. Don't like 'em? Don't look at 'em.
that's a lot posts dedicated to strobes...
Quote: that's a lot posts dedicated to strobes...
Welcome to APC! In general, the number of posts on a subject varies inversely with the subject's importance.
Quote: Chewbacca was babbling on guard over Western PA last night. Can't believe Han tolerates it.
It has gotten far too excessive and is rampant all over the whole eastern seaboard. The FCC is clamping down finally. No more guard idiocy.

https://www.fcc.gov/document/enforce...gency-use-only

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...A-17-747A1.pdf

Triangulation and correlation with ADS-B data would be easy, so finally the tools will have to be quiet.
Quote: Like I wrote earlier, anyone who critiques a pilot for flipping on the strobes while sitting on the active waiting for departure is a dangerous clown. Mine will always be on. Don't like 'em? Don't look at 'em.
No critique from me. My memory from my pax days at UAL is fading but I think that was procedure at the time. I'd say it's probably the safer option, IMO.

FWIW, FedEx procedures call for wing illumination and taxi light for line up and wait. Forward facing landing lights and strobes once cleared for takeoff. I think we're the minority from what I see around the industry. It seems to come from an over-exuberance directed toward the preservation of night vision (probably started when it was almost exclusively night ops and little to no inbound traffic when we were flying). Old habits seem to die hard there.
Quote: No critique from me. My memory from my pax days at UAL is fading but I think that was procedure at the time. I'd say it's probably the safer option, IMO.

FWIW, FedEx procedures call for wing illumination and taxi light for line up and wait. Forward facing landing lights and strobes once cleared for takeoff. I think we're the minority from what I see around the industry. It seems to come from an over-exuberance directed toward the preservation of night vision (probably started when it was almost exclusively night ops and little to no inbound traffic when we were flying). Old habits seem to die hard there.
After the SFO incident it may be worth having them on when #1...

I would never "line up and wait" without strobes on past civil twilight, feel too vulnerable.
Quote: I am always amazed when adults that fly planes using science don't trust science When 97% of a scientific community is telling you climate change is real. It's a shame that it became politicized, and people can't separate their political desires from rational thinking. Separate church and state folks
Amen...........

Lol
460  860  910  950  956  957  958  959  960  961  962  963  964  970  1010  1060 
Page 960 of 1239
Go to