Tool of the day

Subscribe
484  884  934  974  980  981  982  983  984  985  986  987  988  994  1034  1084 
Page 984 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Well I now know that an A321 can bounce....
Thanks for knowledge American.
Every plane can bounce. A last second attempt to flair will get that kiss of the earth and then a hard slap after on mother earth’s behind.
Quote: Thanks for self identifying yourself as TOTD.
Quote: There but for the grace of God go I.

Or: Them that have; them that will.

Bad form.
Quote: You got a free ride. Don’t be an A hole
Quote: Every plane can bounce. A last second attempt to flair will get that kiss of the earth and then a hard slap after on mother earth’s behind.
Jeez. Lighten up. If I was really a tool I could have posted a flight number, a city, or anything else identifying. I fully expected a balked landing after that slam job.

And yeah, I've bounced an airplane.

But I'm pretty confident the 747 can't bounce... because I have tried my best to do it! I even know one guy who slapped it on at 2.08g's. No bounce.

Carry on.
Quote: But I'm pretty confident the 747 can't bounce... because I have tried my best to do it! I even know one guy who slapped it on at 2.08g's. No bounce.
Think again.https://youtu.be/CjuiB8JPFC4
Lol. PotatoChip can't win in this thread. That will happen when you toolishly judge another pilot's landing and then bust out a Trump-like alternative fact that is clearly very wide of the mark.
Quote: Lol. PotatoChip can't win in this thread. That will happen when you toolishly judge another pilot's landing and then bust out a Trump-like alternative fact that is clearly very wide of the mark.
Thanks, mod.

Wait, just kidding.
Quote: Think again.https://youtu.be/CjuiB8JPFC4

Ain't horse that cain't be rode; ain't a dude that cain't be throwed.
Quote:
But I'm pretty confident the 747 can't bounce... because I have tried my best to do it! I even know one guy who slapped it on at 2.08g's. No bounce.

Carry on.
I saw a Korean Air Cargo -400 bounce on RW 15 at ANC a few years ago.

Captain said “Holy sh!t. Take that Alaska!”
Quote: I saw a Korean Air Cargo -400 bounce on RW 15 at ANC a few years ago.

Captain said “Holy sh!t. Take that Alaska!”
I hate rwy 15. That was where I had my worst landing in the 747 as well.

Would have liked to see that bounce, though!
TOTD goes to the CA who confidently claimed "I have never been called about the temperature in the back" while turning the cabin temp control up to 32C every leg. FA's called every leg he "managed" the ECS.
Go Jet Captain playing Star Wars music and giving Star Wars themed announcements. Thinks he’s also a comedian with lots of jokes that were duds. Made a PA in IMC pointing out that those on the left and right could look out their windows see what the inside of a cloud looked like.

The PA’s were long and painful. Guy sitting behind me said out loud “who told that guy he was funny?”

Truly embarrassing to the profession.
484  884  934  974  980  981  982  983  984  985  986  987  988  994  1034  1084 
Page 984 of 1239
Go to