Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 12-04-2017, 09:47 AM
Junior Senior

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa

Originally Posted by thevagabond View Post
Millenials. . . I was just at a coffee shop doing some AQP homework when a millenial loudly blurted out, "All right, who's the toe tapper?" Evidently his ocd and latch key upbringing and subsequent lack of manners prevents him from silencing his pie hole and understanding and accepting that in public places people can tap their toes. While not aviation related he merits tool of the day consideration.
Blame the idiot "parents," who were everything else, BUT PARENTS. They indulged their offspring and taught them the world revolved around them. They thought being friends with their children was the right way to go. It's crystal clear it wasn't and now society is paying for it. UGH.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:04 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: systems analyst

Originally Posted by LNL76 View Post
Blame the idiot "parents," who were everything else, BUT PARENTS. They indulged their offspring and taught them the world revolved around them. They thought being friends with their children was the right way to go. It's crystal clear it wasn't and now society is paying for it. UGH.

Said you and every generation of aging males since the dawn of time. Lay off the Fox News bruh, it’ll rot your brain
Old 12-04-2017, 10:19 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by thevagabond View Post
Millenials. . . I was just at a coffee shop doing some AQP homework when a millenial loudly blurted out, "All right, who's the toe tapper?" Evidently his ocd and latch key upbringing and subsequent lack of manners prevents him from silencing his pie hole and understanding and accepting that in public places people can tap their toes. While not aviation related he merits tool of the day consideration.
Ahh, angry that you can't tap your toe wherever you want even if it inconveniences people who prefer studying without annoying repetitive noises. Sounds like you think you're entitled to make whatever noises you wish, regardless of others preferences.

And you couldn't stop tapping even though it annoyed people around you?? Sounds a tad OCD to have to continually repeat the same action, no??

Sounds like you just annoy people around you and are too thick to pick up on societal norms and cues. Blaming your flaws on a whole generation is much easier to face, though.

If you'd look in the mirror, you'd see you posses all the traits you claim all millennials have.

Last edited by MantisToboggan; 12-04-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Junior Senior

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa

Originally Posted by deadseal View Post
Said you and every generation of aging males since the dawn of time. Lay off the Fox News bruh, it’ll rot your brain
Oh my, bruh.....your post is so entertaining!

(No one clue him in, please)
Old 12-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: CRJ CA

Originally Posted by LNL76 View Post
Oh my, bruh.....your post is so entertaining!

(No one clue him in, please)
He's got a point. Sure, there are irritating, entitled Millennials. There are also irritating, entitled Boomers, Gen Xers, and so forth.

Ranting about generational differences is utterly pointless. And the generalizations are just silly and largely irrelevant. For every spiky-haired, backpack-wearing, headphone-rocking Millennial regional FO complaining about having to wait a year to upgrade, I'll give you one grotesquely overweight 64 y/o mainline CA complaining about his lack of choice in crew meals and his poverty level wage...to a van driver. Whom he then refuses to tip.

Who's the entitled one?
Old 12-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Da Hudge

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
He's got a point. Sure, there are irritating, entitled Millennials. There are also irritating, entitled Boomers, Gen Xers, and so forth.

Ranting about generational differences is utterly pointless. And the generalizations are just silly and largely irrelevant. For every spiky-haired, backpack-wearing, headphone-rocking Millennial regional FO complaining about having to wait a year to upgrade, I'll give you one grotesquely overweight 64 y/o mainline CA complaining about his lack of choice in crew meals and his poverty level wage...to a van driver. Whom he then refuses to tip.

Who's the entitled one?

Absolute truth here.

The millineals don't have the market anywhere near cornered when it comes to being snowflakes.

Every generation has its group of individuals who complain about the entitlement/lack of responsibility of the next up and coming generation.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
Absolute truth here.

The millineals don't have the market anywhere near cornered when it comes to being snowflakes.

Every generation has its group of individuals who complain about the entitlement/lack of responsibility of the next up and coming generation.
Amen. Id venture a guess that tis goes back to the dawn of consciousness. Older crowd=dissapionted in next generation.
Next generation upset with said choices of older crowd.

Moral of the story is: nobody will ever be happy with the actions of anyone else. So take responsibility for yourself and your own actions and do the best you can
Old 12-04-2017, 02:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: CRJ CA

Originally Posted by NeverHome View Post
Amen. Id venture a guess that tis goes back to the dawn of consciousness. Older crowd=dissapionted in next generation.
The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

- Attributed to Socrates (469-399 BCE)

Reminds me of the CA who expected me to stand whenever he entered the flight deck...even when he was coming back from the lav! (I jest, of course.)

Originally Posted by NeverHome View Post
Moral of the story is: nobody will ever be happy with the actions of anyone else. So take responsibility for yourself and your own actions and do the best you can
Amen!
Old 12-04-2017, 02:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Downwind, headed straight for the rocks, shanghaied aboard the ship of fools.

Originally Posted by MantisToboggan View Post
Ahh, angry that you can't tap your toe wherever you want even if it inconveniences people who prefer studying without annoying repetitive noises. Sounds like you think you're entitled to make whatever noises you wish, regardless of others preferences.

And you couldn't stop tapping even though it annoyed people around you?? Sounds a tad OCD to have to continually repeat the same action, no??

Sounds like you just annoy people around you and are too thick to pick up on societal norms and cues. Blaming your flaws on a whole generation is much easier to face, though.

If you'd look in the mirror, you'd see you posses all the traits you claim all millennials have.
Lighten up, Francis. Evidently your parents raised you poorly. Allow me to instruct you as they should have. First, there is no societal norm regarding toe tapping at coffee shops. Doesn't exist. Second, ocd is a personal problem. It's all your own to deal with. Don't expect others to help you with that. Third, I wasn't the one tapping my toes. You shouldn't assume things. It's telling that the other two people at the table with me and the millenial exchanged glances and half smiles at his angry outburst. Finally, no angry outbursts. How about saying, "excuse me, but I'm suffering from ocd and have no self control so I can't choose to not let a little quiet toe tapping not bother me and I will instead please ask you change your behavior to be in line with what I find acceptable." Even if ridiculous and selfish beyond belief, requests of others are always met with more success when politely delivered.

Last edited by SpeedyVagabond; 12-04-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Downwind, headed straight for the rocks, shanghaied aboard the ship of fools.

I forgot to mention that if noise, rythmic or otherwise, bothers you then a coffee shop is a bad place to study. Thus endeth the lesson.