Dropping Reserve days @ Eagle Question

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hello guys, Im probably one of the last guys on the American Eagle seniority list right now. I live in MIA and commute to DFW. Im not spending too many days off in MIA with my family since im on reserve... but someone showed me how to drop reserve days today and I was wondering if it looks bad to drop a few days every month? is there like a limit to it? I was wondering what is like a "Normal" average of days to drop per month... . Is 3-4 days ok or would I get in troubles for asking for it too often? Thanks!
If scheduling thinks there is enough staffing, they will drop it. Will it look bad? Nope, as long as you are fine with out the pay. The real issue is getting scheduling to allow you to drop it. Do what you gotta do. Worse that can do is deny it.
Quote: Hello guys, Im probably one of the last guys on the American Eagle seniority list right now. I live in MIA and commute to DFW. Im not spending too many days off in MIA with my family since im on reserve... but someone showed me how to drop reserve days today and I was wondering if it looks bad to drop a few days every month? is there like a limit to it? I was wondering what is like a "Normal" average of days to drop per month... . Is 3-4 days ok or would I get in troubles for asking for it too often? Thanks!
CP: "You've been missing a lot of work lately."
You:" I wouldn't say I was missing it."
Quote: Hello guys, Im probably one of the last guys on the American Eagle seniority list right now. I live in MIA and commute to DFW.
Notwithstanding seniority and all, but it's silly when you live in one base and have to commute to another base.

I feel your pain.
You can't be that low on seniority if you can hold Dallas.
Quote:
You can't be that low on seniority if you can hold Dallas.
Well he's on reserve in Dallas. Miami has gotten a lot more senior since the displacements. I think DFW is even more junior than ORD.
As for dropping days, have at it. The hard part will be getting them approved. Check the HI31 to see how many are on and try to pick ones with a higher count. Stay away from transition cause you'll prob never get a drop around that time.
Oops, meant HI33, not 31.
ebuhoner,

Try the MIDT with the union. Great way to do a base transfer outside of a bid/displacement. As displacements grow, there will be many people who live in one base, but are flying out of another. It's a great way to get people where they need/want to be. Check your alpa page for it.

sledy
No limit to dropping days and they are not frowned upon. My HI10 is filled with drop days. Being a commuter on RSV, you need a life with your family. The company doesn't care about you, so why should you bend over backwards for the company?
I've dropped so many days I could be considered a temp pilot.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to