Skywest Pilots: San Diego Base

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hey guys

I'm wondering if hired how long it would take to hold the SAN base in the Brasilia, or the LAX base in the jet. And how junior or senior those two bases are.

Maybe some info on the bidding system would be more relavant. Do you guys have system bids every few months? How long after you get your assigned base can you bid to another?

Thanks in advance
It's a Bro base. As a FO, you have a shot. Capt???....when pigs fly.
Friend of mine got it a few months out of training (FO obviously). CA is very senior.

If you just want enough money to surf and eat, and you could probably get by as a bro FO for however many years until upgrade.

Right now they are doing bids every few weeks to place all the new-hire classes.

There is no domicile lock except for CRJ pilots qualified to fly into aspen (due to the intensive training requirements). You can change domiciles anytime you want.
Most junior SAN Capt hired May 2004.
Most junior SAN FO hired August 2006.

Hope this helps!
Awesome guys! Thank you very much. How are the the aircraft assigned? Does each class received seniority based on birthdate and bid on the openings available?
Quote: Awesome guys! Thank you very much. How are the the aircraft assigned? Does each class received seniority based on birthdate and bid on the openings available?

You will be assigned aircraft based on their needs and your experience

CFI: Most likely EMB
135: Probably jet
121: definitely jet

You get to bid on what is available for your aircraft. Seniority in class is based on last 4 of your SSN....

0XXX = high seniority in class
9XXX = fresno
Quote: You will be assigned aircraft based on their needs and your experience

CFI: Most likely EMB
135: Probably jet
121: definitely jet

You get to bid on what is available for your aircraft. Seniority in class is based on last 4 of your SSN....

0XXX = high seniority in class
9XXX = fresno
Ya, I interviewed there and was hired and pleaded for the bro, but do to my prior 121 they told me im going to the jet. That was my dream job, be a 30 year CA on the bro live in SAN and be home every night… But still have a good life here at express jet, a specially when ONT opens
Quote: Ya, I interviewed there and was hired and pleaded for the bro, but do to my prior 121 they told me im going to the jet. That was my dream job, be a 30 year CA on the bro live in SAN and be home every night… But still have a good life here at express jet, a specially when ONT opens
I was prior 121 - Requested the brakillya and got it -
Quote: Ya, I interviewed there and was hired and pleaded for the bro, but do to my prior 121 they told me im going to the jet. That was my dream job, be a 30 year CA on the bro live in SAN and be home every night… But still have a good life here at express jet, a specially when ONT opens
Did you take the SKW job? The seat lock on the CRJ is only one year...you could get into bro FO after that, and then hang out until upgrade.
Is the Bro mostly California flying? If so, how is that - CA flying? I've done CA flying in a c-172. Fun...Not sure if the 121 would be fun but the destinations aren't too bad...

-LAFF
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to