1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Ousted Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson will get no severance - May. 14, 2012

- resigned in lieu of being fired
- resume "issues"
- 12.3 M in pay

Quote:
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- It's official: Scott Thompson "resigned" from his post as Yahoo CEO's in the wake of his resume-embellishing scandal, and he'll receive no severance.

But Thompson scored a nice chunk of change as a parting gift. Under the terms of his contract, Yahoo could have required him to give back $7 million of the cash and stock he received after taking the helm in January.

But Yahoo (YHOO, Fortune 500) said late Monday that its separation agreement with Thompson allows him to keep those payments.

Thompson's departure was hastily announced Sunday, one week after activist shareholder Third Point discovered that Thompson's official Yahoo bio exaggerated his academic credentials. The bio claimed Thompson holds a dual degree in "accounting and computer science," but his actual degree is in accounting only.

It wasn't clear on Sunday whether Yahoo had fired Thompson, but a regulatory filing from Yahoo on Monday revealed that Thompson officially resigned. It cited both parties' "mutual desire to separate employment."

The company and its former CEO also agreed "to terminate all other agreements" between them. That means Thompson is surrendering all outstanding but not fully vested stock, plus "other plans and arrangements."

He won't get severance checks, but Thompson still made out pretty well on his four-month stint at Yahoo.

Yahoo is letting him hang on to the $1.5 million in cash and $5.5 million in stock he received as compensation for the bonus and stock awards he gave up when he left his previous job as the president of eBay (EBAY, Fortune 500) subsidiary PayPal.

He also collected a $5 million signing bonus, and around $333,000 of his $1 million annual base salary.

That means Thompson netted $12.3 million for his 130 days in the job. That comes out to about $95,000 a day -- including weekends. To top of page
Quote: Ousted Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson will get no severance - May. 14, 2012

- resigned in lieu of being fired
- resume "issues"
- 12.3 M in pay
I've got a close buddy whose a Yahoo exec. He says the place is a mess and is looking to bail ASAP.
the "free-market system" at work..........
I'm a pilot, so I am willing to work 131 days for $12.2mil. Where do I send my resume?!
So...what major airline does this have anything to do with?
Quote: So...what major airline does this have anything to do with?
excellent question, should have posted it in another forum. hope the world does not come to a grinding halt over this
Quote: excellent question, should have posted it in another forum. hope the world does not come to a grinding halt over this
Are you kidding?! We're just thankful to be a witness to your avatar. Man, I'd tear that up!
Quote: Are you kidding?! We're just thankful to be a witness to your avatar. Man, I'd tear that up!

I hear you !
Quote: I'm a pilot, so I am willing to work 131 days for $12.2mil. Where do I send my resume?!
I'll send in my resume the next day and offer to do it for $10 mil! <----Now this thread is tied to the airline industry!
See below.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to