Expectations

Subscribe
All,

I'm a year out from retirement. 2250 TT, only 500 in single-engine turbo prop. The rest in helicopters. i have my commercial/instrument SEL and helicopter and ATP written complete.

Any realistic shot at getting hired by a regional if I get a multi-engine add on/ATP?

Thanks
Piedmont would probably give you a look.
1) Yes, you will need a FW ATP, since that will be an FAA requirement in Aug 2013.

The new ATP rulers regionals to hire 1500 hour pilots, it does not require that all that time be in airplanes. A few regionals will give partial credit for RW time towards their FW requirements.

Skywest's current policy is to allow 50% of your helo time towards their 1000 min total time, up to 250 hours credit. This means you could get hired with 750 FW + 500 RW = 750+(500/2) = 1000.

I'm not sure how this policy might change when the ATP law goes into effect. Since their effective total-time mins will then be 1500, maybe they will allow more RW credit?
Thanks guys. I'm getting my ATP/MEI add on this month and I'll bang out some ME time in the coming year. All my current FW time is in Pc-12s so I may even look at some companies looking for PC-12 pilots.