FDX - Front DH Bank for Back DH travel?

Subscribe
Hello all,
Can I use front-end DH money (what's left of it) from one pairing, towards buying a ticket home two days later, after flying a different pairing the next day (not a backend DH trip)?
Did I ask that right?
Thanks in advance.
Yes, I have done it MANY times ... (I think your travel has to be within 3 days of any trip/training?).

Mark
Quote: Yes, I have done it MANY times ... (I think your travel has to be within 3 days of any trip/training?).

Mark
Correct....but remember, if you are using it to deadhead out of your domicile it's taxable.

Thus, you are effectively paying for about 25-35% of that ticket depending on your marginal federal & state tax rates.
Can you use that money for travel to/from Mem for reserve?
You have a bank for the month. You can use it for almost any activity that occurs within 3 days of any fdx scheduled activity. Carry over expenses can be charged to either bank. Carryover bank money is tied to the month the scheduled DH occurs.
Quote: Carryover bank money is tied to the month the scheduled DH occurs.
To get technical, it's tied to the month the scheduled DH shows. So, careful with carry-over trips.

Intl' DH departure 0200 MEM time on the first day of the bid month shows two hour prior still in the last day of the previous bid month. Bank for that trip falls in the prior month.
Quote: Can you use that money for travel to/from Mem for reserve?
Yes, but again it counts as imputed income so you will be taxed on the value of the ticket.
You do get to play the three day game, so if the trip ends in the next month, you get to use the bank....