Kalitta Air

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
Quote: Did you hear that we got them or is the doom and gloom of Usless true?
He had bid on them and was waiting for the final word! As said, this is Connie's talent, he wont pay one dime more than HE wants to!! More than once, he has lost a bid and then someone could not come up with the financing and he was there to scoop them up!
Any chance of picking up the -8s that Atlas walked away from?
Quote: Any chance of picking up the -8s that Atlas walked away from?
-----no...........
I heard they had to fly 20 hrs a day just to cover their nut,oh well maybe in 10 years,it is a shame, they are the nicest Whales yet !!!
Quote: I heard they had to fly 20 hrs a day just to cover their nut,oh well maybe in 10 years,it is a shame, they are the nicest Whales yet !!!
Never got a chance to step into the C-47. I was busy flying a real airplane, the C-46 !!! Ha HA ha!!!! Just kidding..
you have to be ,nothing touches the Doug, though I admit to being intrigued by the C46, buddies of mine who have flown both are evenly divided on which is best,some backing the Curtis, others loyal to the mother 3.
Quote: I heard they had to fly 20 hrs a day just to cover their nut,oh well maybe in 10 years,it is a shame, they are the nicest Whales yet !!!
True, if you're trash hauling. Long term ACMI, the -8 is worth $.04 per share per plane per month to Atlas's bottom line. So far, all planes spoken for.
it is a beautiful ship, and I hear the numbers work which is outstanding, parked next to CargoLux's newest back in March,at ELLX, all of 2 months old,a thing of beauty.
Quote: Any chance of picking up the -8s that Atlas walked away from?
I thought Atlas walked away from them because they didn't want to be the first operator to have to work the bugs out of the first couple of airplanes out of the shop??
We walked away because they were heavier than spec (which is fairly normal for new models) and the fuel burn was higher than planned. GE has an update for the engines in the works but there's no way to lower the BOW.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to