AA jumpseat question

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
On the -80 I often ask if I can use the forward cargo. I have never been told no. I am very appreciative that the Captains have accommodated me. It's the little things.
Quote: Which airline do you work for?
I think the reciproca agreementl for int'l jumpseat covers most carriers that fly Int'l.
Only 9 airlines are on the international list; 2 are regionals:

FL, AS, DL, FX, EN, JS, WN, UA, US

Most regionals with international flights are not on the list, nor are such carriers with international service as B6, HA, and NK, not to mention all of the cargo carriers except FedEx.
Do the AA 737's have 1 or 2 jumpseats?
Thanks!
Quote: Do the AA 737's have 1 or 2 jumpseats?
Thanks!

Most have 1. I think there are about 15-20 that have 2.
Quote: Most have 1. I think there are about 15-20 that have 2.
I appreciate the info!
To expand on Viking's post - The 737s that have 2 jumpseats will slowly be removed to just 1. I know, it sucks... $$$ and weight savings.

I also have first hand knowledge that there are a very small # of CAs that will not take a 2nd jumpseater on a 2 j/s 737, due to restricted space behind their seat. Another "YHGTBSM" and I would personally NEVER do that, but you know the types....
Quote: To expand on Viking's post - The 737s that have 2 jumpseats will slowly be removed to just 1. I know, it sucks... $$$ and weight savings.

I also have first hand knowledge that there are a very small # of CAs that will not take a 2nd jumpseater on a 2 j/s 737, due to restricted space behind their seat. Another "YHGTBSM" and I would personally NEVER do that, but you know the types....
That really SUX!
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to