Attention Comair Pilots

Subscribe
Comair Pilots (and anyone else looking for a flying job these days),

I know a lot of guys and gals at Comair are being faced with the end of their career at their airline right now, and I wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I work for Cape Air, and they are almost always hiring, especially if you have ATP mins. It may not seem like the most glamorous job from the outside, but for the most part, it's a hell of a lot of fun. The company treats you great, the pay is decent (1st year CA on a 9 seat 402 paid more than 3rd year FO at PDT flying the Dash 8), and it can be a great "shelter in the storm". We have quite a few guys from majors and legacy carriers who worked here early on in their career and upon being furloughed or laid off, have returned to work here while they await a recall. One nice thing is that you never lose your years of service for pay purposes, no matter how many times you come and go. All that being said, Cape Air is a great place to work, and if you really want to keep flying, you should check it out. You can see the recruiting website at http://www.flycapeairjobs.com/. Also, there is a lot of info in the Cape Air threads on APC, or feel free to PM me or any other 9K pilot here if you want to know more about what the job is like, e.g. pay, junior bases, schedules, etc. Good luck to all the Comair pilots, I hope you all can land on your feet!
great post
Quote: Comair Pilots (and anyone else looking for a flying job these days),

I know a lot of guys and gals at Comair are being faced with the end of their career at their airline right now, and I wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I work for Cape Air, and they are almost always hiring, especially if you have ATP mins. It may not seem like the most glamorous job from the outside, but for the most part, it's a hell of a lot of fun. The company treats you great, the pay is decent (1st year CA on a 9 seat 402 paid more than 3rd year FO at PDT flying the Dash 8), and it can be a great "shelter in the storm". We have quite a few guys from majors and legacy carriers who worked here early on in their career and upon being furloughed or laid off, have returned to work here while they await a recall. One nice thing is that you never lose your years of service for pay purposes, no matter how many times you come and go. All that being said, Cape Air is a great place to work, and if you really want to keep flying, you should check it out. You can see the recruiting website at http://www.flycapeairjobs.com/. Also, there is a lot of info in the Cape Air threads on APC, or feel free to PM me or any other 9K pilot here if you want to know more about what the job is like, e.g. pay, junior bases, schedules, etc. Good luck to all the Comair pilots, I hope you all can land on your feet!
Pilots helping pilots...nicely done!

Good luck to the Comair folks...
Attention Comair Pilots
Thanks. Have some friends there. They love it!!!
Thanks Man!!! Sorry to hear about OH. I also posted a thread about a gig in Afrika. It's under the hiring section. Pay isn't spectacular but the weather is great and more importantly, safe.