I would love to be a pilot.

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: FishinandFlying:

Oh, and btw, stay outta trouble and avoid brushes with the law. They can come back to haunt you.

atp
110% true. A lot of people in high school don't realize that choices they make can affect their career. Many interviews involve people explaining every speeding ticket. Not that one ticket like that is the end of your career, but explaining something like a DUI (or underage drinking) in a job interview will definitely come back to haunt you.

I just thought that deserved some extra attention. It is a very true point.
Quote: 110% true. A lot of people in high school don't realize that choices they make can affect their career. Many interviews involve people explaining every speeding ticket. Not that one ticket like that is the end of your career, but explaining something like a DUI (or underage drinking) in a job interview will definitely come back to haunt you.

I just thought that deserved some extra attention. It is a very true point.
Usually because they didn't listen to their parents giving them the same advice for their entire lives; but if it means something more coming from a stranger on the internet forum then more power to it.

USMCFLYR
Suggestion
FishinandFlyin,

Don't limit your chances for an enjoyable career in Aviation by prematurely ruling out certain career paths. Many of us did not get the jobs we wanted or expected, but the ones we did get turned out even better. There is no career where you can "have it all", and a sense of entitlement will guarantee disappointment. Aviation makes no promises, and many of its best rewards come as a surprise.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to