Current Republic interview

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: That's what the DO's are saying is the reason CFI's are failing training is because they don't have that experience.

We had 4 wash out in my class...all older guys with no glass/fms experience.
Friend said a few aren't making it through ioe either.
4 years ago I had maybe 5 hours of glass time and had no issues. Gone through two different airplanes now. I will say the older guys in our ground school had a much harder time with the automation. I'm curious how much they are looking for.
Quote: 4 years ago I had maybe 5 hours of glass time and had no issues. Gone through two different airplanes now. I will say the older guys in our ground school had a much harder time with the automation. I'm curious how much they are looking for.
Interesting. I submitted my app on Friday with an internal rec. and I have around 85hrs of full glass in a semenhole... hopefully it pays off!
Quote:
4 years ago I had maybe 5 hours of glass time and had no issues. Gone through two different airplanes now. I will say the older guys in our ground school had a much harder time with the automation. I'm curious how much they are looking for.
Same with me; though I had zero glass time. I thought FS prepared us well for the airplane and gave us sufficient training for glass and the automation. I think a monkey could fly the 170 though; such an easy airplane.
I was in a class of 30 and we had 6 washouts. RP isn't that bad if you just resign yourself to the ****ty pay, marginal training, disorganization, the horrible IT department, and the low morale. This is a regional, they all suck. At the current moment RP is growing, they have the aircraft to not be completely dismantled within the next 5 years. Get in and get out. if it doesn't work out keep playing the game. That's all this industry is is a game.

<insert childish republic attacks here, we're all very impressed>
Anyone have any idea how long they're currently running between being offered the job and called with a class date?
with Skywest/XJT/ASA hiring and PSA and Airwilly hiring, why would anyone choose RAH??

If you have not worked at a regional before, I cant stress enough the value of cancellation pay and line guarantee.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to