Are training agreements enforceable?

Subscribe
It looks like there are still a few regionals out there with training agreements for new hires. I've heard varying opinions on their legality, depending too on which state they are written in.
Any thoughts or first hand experience on these such as legality and/or contracts actually holding up in court?
Which companies seem to have legitimate contracts?
Anybody ever gotten out of one early and what were the circumstances?

Thanks in advance.
Assume that they all are. If you're looking at a contract before signing it, either sign it and accept that it isn't breakable, or refuse to sign and possibly have the job offer rescinded. You should be more concerned with choosing a good company than whether or not the contract can be enforced. Read up here and don't choose a company that requires a contract unless you are willing to put up with all of the circumstances that go with it.
Yes they are.
If they have a contract its becuase people leave ther ebecuase it probably blows, so I would think twice before I went to a company like that, take it from me I went to a company where I had to sign a contract and believe me, It is easy to see once you are there why they made you sign a contract

P.S. They are only enforceable if everybody that broke it was sued, well chances are not everybody was sued
lawyers can get around any contract if the company actually pursued it that far

its the bridge that you burn there which MAY come back to cost you more in the long run that the contract did
Good point