Special Eaglewire 09/12/2012 >

Special Eaglewire 09/12/2012

Notices
Regional Regional Airlines

Special Eaglewire 09/12/2012

Old 09-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Have yet to hear the analysts weigh in on this "big move" by AMR, but I'll bet some won't be impressed. Look for Boyd to be especially critical. Delta is being lauded for removing large numbers of 50-seaters and replacing them with 717's building up their mainline product and then this mouse fart in opposition occurs. Most have been very critical of AMR's stand alone plans and I don't see this bolstering any plan much.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: E190 CA

i'm sorry to hear that eagle will be closing its domicile in lax. i know that will be terribly disruptive in people's lives. it sounds like no one is losing their jobs, but it is still going to create a lot of headaches and ongoing pain for people who have been based at home.

like others have said, we are all pawns in this chess game. our gain is your loss, and someday soon it will be our turn to have more loss than gain. believe me, we don't like getting things at the expense of others that had no say in the matter. but we won't have any say in the matter when it's our turn, either.

good luck to all displaced crews and ground personnel and their families.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
What IS the next step ?

If you're thinking legacy, it might be awhile. We may be contracting at the rate of retirements for quite a few years as more of our domestic ops goes to feed the regional airline large RJ kabuki dance.

Your legs may be very sore for a long time. Who knows, perhaps AA will start hiring off the street after they get through 1500 pilots still out there with recall rights and flow thru ?

Perhaps that $40/hour new-hire slot WILL become available in 5 years or so ?
I'm interviewing for a large cabin corporate gig today. I agree with what you've said above.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by dontsurf View Post
i'm sorry to hear that eagle will be closing its domicile in lax. i know that will be terribly disruptive in people's lives. it sounds like no one is losing their jobs, but it is still going to create a lot of headaches and ongoing pain for people who have been based at home.

like others have said, we are all pawns in this chess game. our gain is your loss, and someday soon it will be our turn to have more loss than gain. believe me, we don't like getting things at the expense of others that had no say in the matter. but we won't have any say in the matter when it's our turn, either.

good luck to all displaced crews and ground personnel and their families.
Very well said.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
Outsourcing 23 50-seaters at AE ?

This is more of a message for AE pilots then AA. It is one reason AMR and the UCC needed some move on AA scope, i.e., to give them leverage to do when they need to at Eagle including pressure to force a pilots agreement.

The major outsourcing of our flying will take years to accomplish and the number and size of RJ's along with code-sharing are more important, so this isn't the primary focus.

Just my .02, as always.
You seem to think this, I disagree. We are approved for CRJ 700s, and the 900 is easily added. We could get 50 700s fairly fast, and another 50 900s. That still leaves room for another 100 more of those larger RJs. I would expect some sort of announcement of those coming soon. Its why I think we are not furloughing, or else they are bracing for some kind of Exodus.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:38 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Reserve for Life

Originally Posted by rightside02 View Post
Wow , sorry to hear guys , isn't lax very senior ?
Senior to most of Eagle's aircraft. I'm not kidding.
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: 777

Originally Posted by rickt86 View Post
or else they are bracing for some kind of Exodus.
You and I both know that isn't going to happen.
Gets Weekends Off

!IF! nothing else is announced for feed by March, this honestly is just a replacement for the CHQ flying. 15 CHQ planes, 23 Skywest, who cares. 125 MORE RJS will be coming.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by BTpilot View Post
You and I both know that isn't going to happen.
We are losing pilots right now, with guys coming from the ATR operation, I am still moving up seniority numbers. Since the system wide list has not been updated since June I am not sure how much I am moving, but I should be moving backwards 100-200 numbers, but I have gone up about 30.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by rickt86 View Post
You seem to think this, I disagree. We are approved for CRJ 700s, and the 900 is easily added. We could get 50 700s fairly fast, and another 50 900s. That still leaves room for another 100 more of those larger RJs. I would expect some sort of announcement of those coming soon. Its why I think we are not furloughing, or else they are bracing for some kind of Exodus.
I do think AE will be getting some of the above, but will NOT be the primary feed provider, simply one of many. 100 CRJ's would take awhile at a max rate of 4/month. The training bubble alone would be 1500 pilots and were talking a couple of years. In the meantime, no need to shock the pilots with furloughs before a contract vote. I'm told AE is over staffed by 400 or so and this would seem to add another 250. Once PBS is implemented, then how may over staffed then ?

I may be wrong, so my advice is to short the stock again.