To Fly or Not to Fly? That is the question.

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: So I need some thoughts from the peanut gallery. I have been offered a pretty good paying got in aircraft parts sales good pay bens 9-6 mon-fri. So this job versus flying as instructor or maybe one day charter or 121. My only hang up about the sales job is that it's not flying and it's a desk job and I have been flying 500 or so a year for the past year. Thing is I love flying and don't know I much I can give up and still be satisfied? So any thoughts at all hit me.
I hope you can sell better than you can complete sentences.
This isn't an English class slick. It's a forum.
It really boils down to what do you really want? You can get the same feelings going either way. Fly for a living and the last thing you will want to do on your days off is fly. Fly for fun and it can get tiring paying the cost and get boring just like driving a car. It's got to be what you really want to do. If you really don't have a burning in the belly to fly for a living, take the job and get a Mooney. Personally flying was a precision challenging job that I found satisfaction in doing well. Hotels are a bore though. Being gone from home was a bore. But it's what I wanted to do. Nothing else would do.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to