Too much time in for ARNG?

Subscribe
I'm active duty in the Air Force and have about 51 months time in service (O-3).

When I was investigating this, I got into the regulations and found one item to perhaps disqualify me from this process. In AR 611-110 in Chapter 2 para 2-1 it says in part b:

b. Have less than 48 months of active Federal commissioned service at the start of flight training and meet the criteria established in paragraph 1–5, above.

Since I'm a new Captain, I have a little over 48 months of active Federal commissioned service. However, I saw in the same paragraph part a says:

a. Be an Active or Reserve Component warrant officer, lieutenant, or Captain, or be in training for a commission.

I bolded Captain, cause this would lead someone to believe that they would take Captains.

Just exploring options, and am curious to see if someone could shed some light on this... thanks!
Quote:
I'm active duty in the Air Force and have about 51 months time in service (O-3).

When I was investigating this, I got into the regulations and found one item to perhaps disqualify me from this process. In AR 611-110 in Chapter 2 para 2-1 it says in part b:

b. Have less than 48 months of active Federal commissioned service at the start of flight training and meet the criteria established in paragraph 1–5, above.

Since I'm a new Captain, I have a little over 48 months of active Federal commissioned service. However, I saw in the same paragraph part a says:

a. Be an Active or Reserve Component warrant officer, lieutenant, or Captain, or be in training for a commission.

I bolded Captain, cause this would lead someone to believe that they would take Captains.

Just exploring options, and am curious to see if someone could shed some light on this... thanks!
What state are you looking at?
A policy that only takes Captains less then 48 months seems a little pointless, but at times I have seen services promote to O-3 at less than four years.

Since you're a new Captain I bet you can get a waiver.
If you're not set on the AF, the Army guard will take you no problem. Only hurdle might be an age waiver (pretty low for somebody already commisioned).
Well, I'll be 27 in a couple months, so would that still require an age waiver for Army NG?

- I haven't decided on a state, mainly because I wanted to see if it was even possible based on this regulation. I believe I need to talk to an Officer Strength Management individual at one of the State's Army Guard units to get more details, so far no luck, but I will keep trying to get a hold of someone.
Quote:
Well, I'll be 27 in a couple months, so would that still require an age waiver for Army NG?

- I haven't decided on a state, mainly because I wanted to see if it was even possible based on this regulation. I believe I need to talk to an Officer Strength Management individual at one of the State's Army Guard units to get more details, so far no luck, but I will keep trying to get a hold of someone.
You need to talk to an S-1 or Training Officer at an aviation unit. I can get you in touch with one for Indiana. PM me if you're interested.
Quote: Well, I'll be 27 in a couple months, so would that still require an age waiver for Army NG?

Yeah, an age waiver would be required which could get you as far as 32. Not a big deal at all, though.

Note that the recruiters/officer strength guys might promise you flight school, but have less than zero say about IERW slots - they're controlled by the State Aviation Officers. That's who you need to talk to (or their minions).
@EvilMonkey Yeah, I would be interested in this if I can get a hold of someone who could promise me a flight slot as DustoffVT said. I'm originally from Indiana as well.