Horizon .... What do you think?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Can anyone answer my last questio that brought this thread back to life. How many people is Horizon looking to hire and does anyone have any class dates? Thanks.
Quote: Can anyone answer my last questio that brought this thread back to life. How many people is Horizon looking to hire and does anyone have any class dates? Thanks.
The current "Training Plan" has no slots showing for new hires through June. However, take that with a giant grain of salt. It all depends on how many people leave for other places, and that "plan" never seems to be even close to accurate.
Quote: The secret handshake has occurred.
It's about time! Congrats!

It's possible that they just didn't want ME, but it sure seemed like there were a lot of other 10-15 year Captains who couldn't get an interview at the "sister company" back then.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear there's finally going to be a real opportunity for guys to move over!
Re: the "handshake"

Good news for me I suppose.... I'm in class for the Q200 right now. Nothing but good things to say about Horizon so far (realizing I haven't been "on the line" yet). But I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade in less than 4 years.
Anyone know how many Horizon Pilots are later hired at Alaska? Will Alaska hire Horizon guys from the right seat who have no turbine PIC time?
Quote: Anyone know how many Horizon Pilots are later hired at Alaska? Will Alaska hire Horizon guys from the right seat who have no turbine PIC time?
I've heard of this but I don't think it happens often.

As far as hiring goes, I think I saw on the training plan for another 18 slots in January that haven't been filled yet. Them Q400's are on the way!!

My theory with contract negotiations is it can only get better. The Q400 will be a cash cow when all the kinks of being that first operator are out of the way.
Quote: The Q400 will be a cash cow when all the kinks of being that first operator are out of the way.
Ya, thats what we thought 7 years ago!
Good news for me I suppose.... I'm in class for the Q200 right now. Nothing but good things to say about Horizon so far (realizing I haven't been "on the line" yet). But I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade in less than 4 years.[/QUOTE]

Upgrade in four years at Horizon will most likely won't happen unless Alaska opens up the flood gate.
Quote: Upgrade in four years at Horizon will most likely won't happen unless Alaska opens up the flood gate.
Not necessarily. We didn't hire for about 1 1/2 years after 9/11. So the upgrade time will instantly drop by that amount soon enough. That makes upgrade go from 6 to 4 1/2.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to