Republic Reserve Question

Subscribe
I have a question regarding Republic, Shuttle America in particular. If you are based in IND, how long does the company give you to get to base if you are called in? What is the difference in time for a short call versus long call if that is applicable to this certificate? Looking to drive from 2 hours away. Thanks.
No such thing as long call. It's an hour and a half call out. Most periods start at 3am.
[QUOTE=kilabee;1300544]I have a question regarding Republic, Shuttle America in particular. If you are based in IND, how long does the company give you to get to base if you are called in? What is the difference in time for a short call versus long call if that is applicable to this certificate? Looking to drive from 2 hours away. Thanks.[/QUO

If you have to make a two hour drive you're probably stretching it a little. You don't want to mess around while you're on probation but to each their own. People do it, and they do just fine. I would say in the 1.5 yr that I have been on res in ORD I'd say I have been given the 90 call only a handful of times. BUT I have been mildly/highly sr on res for about a year now, so I can't speak for the guys who are jr on res. Res at this place can suck(we have little to no contract protection), especially at outstations like IND. Good luck!
Quote: No such thing as long call. It's an hour and a half call out. Most periods start at 3am.
What ^^ said.
Is Louisville a junior base or senior?
Thread bump
Any idea how long to expect to be on reserve and how many hours is a good estimate of how much time a new FO can log in a year.

Taking cover now for any expected RAH bashing