FDX: Guangzhou

Subscribe
50 Hour layover in CAN. Anyone ever have any prescription sunglasses made there? Staying at China Hotel

Thx.
glasses
I had two pair made in CAN. I looked for the card I had from the lady, but I must have passed it on already. There is a whole block or two that does glasses. Take your prescription with you, I went early,(0900) & my glasses were ready at 1500. I think the cost was about $45 US & I am happy with my glasses...
Sounds good. I guess I'll just have to ask the concierge.
Quote: I had two pair made in CAN. I looked for the card I had from the lady, but I must have passed it on already. There is a whole block or two that does glasses. Take your prescription with you, I went early,(0900) & my glasses were ready at 1500. I think the cost was about $45 US & I am happy with my glasses...
is there an equvialent "market" akin to the pvg 580 or S&T markets in CAN near china hotel?
There are several "malls" In CAN. Each an easy cab ride away. Concierge can set you up with a list. Difference is CAM is the wholesale market, so not the haggling and knockoff market like pvg.
Quote: There are several "malls" In CAN. Each an easy cab ride away. Concierge can set you up with a list. Difference is CAM is the wholesale market, so not the haggling and knockoff market like pvg.
with the wholesale market concept- can i expect to get pricing commensurate w the PVG S&T markets? Do they have the knock of replicas of coach handbags, laser pointer etc?
Quote: 50 Hour layover in CAN. Anyone ever have any prescription sunglasses made there? Staying at China Hotel

Thx.
Prescription eye glasses in CAN...

Maybe you could find a pacemaker, some tires for your wife's car, or a parachute too?

Sorry, couldn't resist. All the action on the trip trading front has made me giddy.
Quote: Eye glasses in CAN...

Maybe you could find a pacemaker, some tires for your wife's car, or a parachute too?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

So true....are we so cheap as a group that we buy this stuff. Really? Probably rail on about how China is a currency manipulator too!

Sorry too bored waiting for crew notifications!
Quote: is there an equvialent "market" akin to the pvg 580 or S&T markets in CAN near china hotel?

like the 580 in PVG, but not as intrusive.. The Capt I was with had the gouge on the place... so I didn't pay attention to where it was, etc. I'm sure the hotel guys can hook you up...