Air Wisconsin

Subscribe
28  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  48  88  138  538 
Page 38 of 676
Go to
Quote:
Right but why the over 800pilots for 71 airplanes?
We might have over 800 pilots, but with the average seniority pretty high (more vacation) and 117, we are still understaffed. They are begging for pilots to pick up flying right now, offering hotel rooms, positive space, etc.
Quote: We might have over 800 pilots, but with the average seniority pretty high (more vacation) and 117, we are still understaffed. They are begging for pilots to pick up flying right now, offering hotel rooms, positive space, etc.
When I tried to pick up during this month's integration, they denied me twice because they didn't want to DH a RSV to CLT to pick up where I wanted to leave off. They can't be too desperate.
Quote: It has been described to me by instructors as a tendency for new-hires now to require more than the traditional 10 (?) sim lessons. That is where people are getting this idea of a high washout rate. The higher "failure" rate is a "failure" for the new-hires to get signed off for their check-ride using only the standard allotted 10 lessons. Apparently there have been some who are unable to pass on their first attempt but have been successful on subsequent attempts. These technically count towards a "training failure".
When you have FOs teaching new hire classes with partial knowledge of the plane.... Well washouts will happen!
Quote: When you have FOs teaching new hire classes with partial knowledge of the plane.... Well washouts will happen!
That's a pretty ignorant statement. You must not have known AP before he upgraded.
Quote: That's a pretty ignorant statement. You must not have known AP before he upgraded.
I was his newhire sim partner - sharp dude.
Quote: That's a pretty ignorant statement. You must not have known AP before he upgraded.
That's a pretty ignorant response as you assumed I was talking about AP! The person I referencing has a first name begining with M!

Not an ignorant statement when the entire back half of the class is previously typed and wondering what your teaching! But hey I'm sure things have changed for the better!
Air Wisconsin
It's all about one's attitude
Just remember a bad attitude is like a flat tire. It won't go anywhere until it's changed
Does anyone know when the next class at awac is?
4/21, was supposed to be 4/14 but they could only get one person, so they pushed it back a week. New class every two weeks for the foreseeable future.
They could only get one?! What's the typical class size they're targeting?
28  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  48  88  138  538 
Page 38 of 676
Go to