ATP CFI program?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Anyone have any experience with ATPs 14 day CFI program?
its 14 days, $5,995 + examiner fees, CFI , CFII , MEI Initial . I understand its real fast paced to finish all that in 14 days, a lot of self study. Just wondering if anyones done this and knows anything about it?
With ATP you'll get what you pay for. They will not jerk you around. You pay - you leave with your ratings.

-LAFF
the CFI program says they consider you for a job with them as an instructor, which would work out well since they fly mostly multi engine aircraft. I just want to know if anyones been down this road before or knows someone who has?
A lot of folks on this board have...You'll get plenty of insight from them. I know a few are CFIs there.

-LAFF
A couple friends have gotten their ratings this way. Be ready to go when you get there. They're going to assume that you've been studying and I believe you are also supposed to have the FOI/CFI/CFI-I writtens passed and in hand upon starting the program.
yea I'm gonna do the writtens before I head down there. The cfi program is only offered at a few locations, I live in ny and atlanta seems like where I would go.
I fly out of the same airport in Atlanta that ATP is at. They tell me the CFI's ther eonly make $1000 a month and you have to go to Jacksonville first to answer phones or something before you get a flying gig
Thats also what I hear. 1K or 1.2K a month depending on ATP housing or not.

You do log ME time, have a good supply of students and will get the TT and ME time quick to move to the next step.

-LAFF
I am a CFI in Western Washington. I can't even imagine $1000 a month. I am getting a little over half that. Even Great Lakes would be a pay raise for me. If I had the chance to CFI for ATP, I would be right on that. Not to mention the multi time.
called up ATP and requested some more info from them, they have some requirement for 15 hours PIC multi engine time for their CFI program, otherwise u pay $1,000 extra to build it with them. Bumps the cost of the program from $5995 to $6995 + Examiner Fees which range from $1200 to $1500 ( 3 checkrides)
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to