Compass hiring vs SkyWest

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Anyone know how many a month Compass is currently hiring and how long they plan to continue to hire for?

Same question but for SkyWest as well?

I'm currently at Pinnacle and looking at my options.

Where do you live, and what are your goals? IMHO, there are several regional airlines that can give you either great QOL, or a quick upgrade. It just depends what you are looking for.
Would strongly prefer to be based in Minneapolis. I would commute if I knew that I could hold a good line within a few months.

At this point i hate to say it but I would take the upgrade over QOL.
Quote: Would strongly prefer to be based in Minneapolis. I would commute if I knew that I could hold a good line within a few months.

At this point i hate to say it but I would take the upgrade over QOL.
DTW v. MSP the classes are split 50/50. Buddy of mine at Compass bid for a DTW base (family is fron there) and got it within a month. So, even if you did get a DTW base, it's pretty easy to cross over to the MSP side.
Quote: DTW v. MSP the classes are split 50/50. Buddy of mine at Compass bid for a DTW base (family is fron there) and got it within a month. So, even if you did get a DTW base, it's pretty easy to cross over to the MSP side.
When there are active classes it is relatively easy to get MSP quickly but when hiring is slow plan on DTW for a few months (4-6 I would guess).
Quote: When there are active classes it is relatively easy to get MSP quickly but when hiring is slow plan on DTW for a few months (4-6 I would guess).
Makes sense. He was ground school around I want to say June/July 2011 or so.
I have an interview at Compass in Feb. When HR called me she was very honest. She said if hired I could be in the pool for 6 to 10 months.

It's nice to hear some honesty in the this industry.
Quote: I have an interview at Compass in Feb. When HR called me she was very honest. She said if hired I could be in the pool for 6 to 10 months.

It's nice to hear some honesty in the this industry.
We've hired about 60 or so into the pool. As others have said, 5 classes (including 2 "in progress") on the books. Hopefully more. Don't know why we're hiring - Chief Pilot says its for forecast attrition to the majors. Everyone here has their fingers crossed for flow, but I think we all know it won't happen very soon.

Hope to bring as many Comair and PCL guys on board as we can - you guys are getting hosed. Not a koolaid drinker, but things here are pretty good. Good guys, good QOL, newish equipment, and decent (relative to the regionals) pay. Wouldn't spend forever here, but it's a good place to wait for the majors (Delta or otherwise).

Good luck to all those applying.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to