Russian TU-204 Crash

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
The fire isn't even out and they're already blaming it on pilot error.

Four dead as passenger jet crashes into highway after landing at Moscow Vnukovo Airport (PHOTOS, VIDEO) — RT
Russian TU-204 Crash
Latest report is that it failed to go into reverse.
Here's a link to a video from a dash cam of a vehicle traveling on the freeway during the accident.

Russian Airliner Crash
Quote: Here's a link to a video from a dash cam of a vehicle traveling on the freeway during the accident.

Russian Airliner Crash
holy crap..
Quote: holy crap..

Seconded....Holy Crap. Can you imagine the g-force that sucker had when it hit that embankment? Wow....I'm surprised only 4 perished. 4 too many sadly.
Quote: Seconded....Holy Crap. Can you imagine the g-force that sucker had when it hit that embankment?
Thirded.

That was an incredible amount of energy...was that a tire that knocked that SUV into the guard rail?

RIP to all on board.
According to Avherald.com it was a positioning flight with only 8 people onboard (all crew). Unsurprisingly, all the flight crew up front were the ones that perished.

RIP.
Quote: Thirded.

That was an incredible amount of energy...was that a tire that knocked that SUV into the guard rail?

RIP to all on board.
Looked like a tire to me..did you see the row of seats he hit too? glad nobody was in them.

I'd heard on a russian TV station that the capt. had survived-that was from the mom of one of the FA survivors supposedly.
Quote: Latest report is that it failed to go into reverse.
It's still early days, but I think it can be said that more things must have gone wrong. If I'm not mistaken, thrust reverse is not factored into landing distance for airline ops? Besides, both runways in UUWW are 3,000m / 10,000 ft long...
Very sad, RIP . Here are two pics - one of the ill-fated aircraft the same day prior to taking off, and the other just after the accident:

1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to