Southern Air moving to CVG

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
r
Quote: Atlas is not home based.
Home base / gateway basing, whatever you want to call it, I think most people understand it to mean you can live almost anywhere since the company buys you an airline ticket to/from where the trip starts/ends, rather than having to commute on a jump seat to a domicile.
Quote: r

Home base / gateway basing, whatever you want to call it, I think most people understand it to mean you can live almost anywhere since the company buys you an airline ticket to/from where the trip starts/ends, rather than having to commute on a jump seat to a domicile.
That may be what most people understand, but it does not tell the entire story. You will travel on your day off to get to that base, and you will be taxed on the travel and hotel at and during the time at your base.

It certainly can be argued that this may still be the lessor to two evils. I have no other experience to judge this by.
Quote: Cost of doing business in CT is high.

It's too bad the people in power in CT don't understand that fact.
The state was paying half the salary of people who had been hired as "displaced employees,". That deal has run it's course so it's time to move to a state where minimum wage is less.
Quote: I guess you were born with heavy international time?

I assume you do not work for SAI.
If you did then you would realize that my comment was aimed at the office and not pilots, esp since we have many crewmembers on furlough and about to furlough even more.
We already have too many office people that are in management position that have ZERO international or ACMI experience prior to joining. It is obvious they are way in above there head by the way they run their respective department. Hence, that is why we don't need anymore of their type. Everyone has to start someone, just not at or near the top of their department.
Quote: I assume you do not work for SAI.
If you did then you would realize that my comment was aimed at the office and not pilots, esp since we have many crewmembers on furlough and about to furlough even more.
We already have too many office people that are in management position that have ZERO international or ACMI experience prior to joining. It is obvious they are way in above there head by the way they run their respective department. Hence, that is why we don't need anymore of their type. Everyone has to start someone, just not at or near the top of their department.

Nice recovery
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to