Alaska Pilot Passes Out, FO Lands...

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: Be interesting to know if the pilot can be returned to flying status...
One of my ex-squadron mates blacked out while deadheading at his airline. If they can't find an explanation, you'll lose your medical permanently. Even if they can, you can bet it will be awhile before a medical will be reissued.

Quote: You know what I mean, right up near the limit.
Just tweaking you. I'm sure you meant "on the high side of 60." However, most of these case are guys well under 60. I know my buddy was. Scanning the seniority list, most of the 28 year guys are under 60.
Quote: Piece of cake...it's the taxi part that gets you.
I landed a B767-300 at Dubai from the right-seat, cleared the runway, and taxied the length of the airport. Worked great until I needed to make the 90° turn to cross the runway. The left-seater had to take over for that.
Quote: The co-pilot can land the plane single handedly? There must me some rock stars over there at Alaska!
I was once told by the hotel van driver "Son when you get a few more years experience they might actually let you drive the plane".

People are stupid when it comes to this industry.
Quote: You're a co-pilot? So have you ever flown the plane?
One of my favorite 'stupid questions' was often heard back when we had flight engineers:

"So, when are they going to teach you to fly?"

I expect the pax to not know, but I heard this from many of our Flight Attendants! They should know better.
Quote: I landed a B767-300 at Dubai from the right-seat, cleared the runway, and taxied the length of the airport. Worked great until I needed to make the 90° turn to cross the runway. The left-seater had to take over for that.
If you were in an Airbus you could have taken it right up to the jetway.
Quote: If you were in an Airbus you could have taken it right up to the jetway.
I took a Dash 8 from the runway to the gate from the right seat...turboprop for the win!
Quote: I took a Dash 8 from the runway to the gate from the right seat...turboprop for the win!
Me 2, many times. With the NWS off the dash is simple to taxi from the right.
Quote: One of my favorite 'stupid questions' was often heard back when we had flight engineers:

"So, when are they going to teach you to fly?"

I expect the pax to not know, but I heard this from many of our Flight Attendants! They should know better.
Well, just imagine something that never happened, like a S/O getting the approach and landing. It would be best if the F/As did not know, right?
Quote: Me 2, many times. With the NWS off the dash is simple to taxi from the right.
Maybe it was NWS off at your company...at C5 it was invariably NWS MEL'ed.
Quote: If you were in an Airbus you could have taken it right up to the jetway.
Many Boeings, too. Just not that one.

Quote: I took a Dash 8 from the runway to the gate from the right seat...turboprop for the win!
I used to do the same in the Jetstream 32. Didn't want to try the same power/brake technique in a loaded 767-300, though!
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to