Hotels / Overnights

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
What are AA's hotels like? How satisfied are you guy with them? Are the overnights in good locations?
Do you guys have Caribbean layovers? I know we basically have none.
Because the pilot APA hotel committee has zero/100% of the clout that the Flight Attendants have, pilots have zero/100% of "actual" input.

Some hotels are ok, most are not. When we get a great hotel, the F/A's find something/anything wrong with it.

Our contract now says "airport hotels have preference."

This is one of the things I hope Parker changes is: that flight attendants and bean counters run AA.
Quote: Because the pilot APA hotel committee has zero/100% of the clout that the Flight Attendants have, pilots have zero/100% of "actual" input.

Some hotels are ok, most are not. When we get a great hotel, the F/A's find something/anything wrong with it.

Our contract now says "airport hotels have preference."

This is one of the things I hope Parker changes is: that flight attendants and bean counters run AA.
So, what I'm thinking if the FA's run the hotel show then there are probably quite many cat-friendly hotels in the AA system.
Hotels used to be very nice. Their quality and location has slowly eroded over the years. At the BK, I would have rated them mostly decent or acceptable, with an occasional winner or loser thrown into the mix.

Nice Caribbean layovers are becoming very scarce. Most of the better islands are day turns now.

In general, they are "OK"... that's about it right now, but there is an opportunity for change.
Quote: Hotels used to be very nice. Their quality and location has slowly eroded over the years. At the BK, I would have rated them mostly decent or acceptable, with an occasional winner or loser thrown into the mix.

Nice Caribbean layovers are becoming very scarce. Most of the better islands are day turns now.

In general, they are "OK"... that's about it right now, but there is an opportunity for change.
SJU, BGI, SXM, STT, and seasonably AUA are the 757 Carib layovers I can think of off the top of my head. I didn't include mainland hot spots such as MAR, SJO, CCS, SDQ and STI.

The 737 may have other island layovers... PLS, CUN, BDA to name some.

Yes, the hotels have slowly deteriorated. A few nice ones left. SXM is absolutely the best Carib resort I've ever stayed at with AA.
Quote: Our contract now says "airport hotels have preference."

Chris,

I believe that language has been removed with the TA. Will check up on it.

JP
Here's another why to answer the question - which cities do you try to avoid bidding BECAUSE of the hotel?

CCS and the old POS. Location not the hotel was the issue to me. Don't know about the new POS hotel.

The rest are decent enough. Some are very nice, some nice, some meh. Bad enough to not bid? Few and fair between IMO.
I actually don't mind CCS! Not the best hotel but short drive from airport, great free breakfast, nice pool to lounge around.

However, The beds are horribly FIRM...
Venezuela doesn't have a handle on beds, among other things... MAR's beds are one step above mortuary slabs. Nice scenery at the pool sometimes, though.

At CCS, I use the cover strip at the foot of the bed as a floor runner to avoid contact with the carpet. I don't think that hotel owns a vacuum cleaner.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to