PenAir First Officers:

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
PenAir is seeking SF 340 First Officers, ATP minimums, 3/20/13 ground school in ANC.
Bring your own lube...unless you like it raw.
That's funny. Do you still work at Pen?
Nope. Greener Pastures.
Has anyone worked for Pen up in Anchorage? How is the pilot group? Is Pen similar to Great Lakes? From what I gather on the internet, upgrade time is 6 years and it is not seniority based.
I work there. I never worked for Lakes but I don't imagine its too similar. We have a very senior pilot group (read that as no movement) and we are home every night. Upgrade time is currently 5-6 years, but will be coming down soon with the majors hiring, assuming PenAir is still around.
AKFreighter, I should have asked if you can live off the pay as an FO in Anchorage? Do most of the pilots have second jobs? I live pretty cheap but I see the cost of living in Anchorage is expensive. Thanks for the input
Quote: AKFreighter, I should have asked if you can live off the pay as an FO in Anchorage? Do most of the pilots have second jobs? I live pretty cheap but I see the cost of living in Anchorage is expensive. Thanks for the input
A second job as a pilot in any market is nearly impossible due to the varying schedules. You usually have to make what little pay you make somehow work, welcome to aviation!
2,000-2,200 a month or so to start (net). Livable if you are single.
Do they make the schedules commutable?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to