Southwest hiring info

Subscribe
7  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  27  67  117 
Page 17 of 328
Go to
Class Dates
Still haven't heard on the class dates? Anyone?

Got the call from Chief Pilot's Office on Monday, that was the longest weekend of my life.
Oh man...that is a long weekend.

I heard they started calling yesterday and offering a June 11 class. They go in interview order. I have heard it could be days and it could be weeks if you are in a later class. Hopefully sooner than later!
If you are offered a position and you do not have the type yet, how long do you have to get the type?
Quote: If you are offered a position and you do not have the type yet, how long do you have to get the type?
Start of class. They won't start you without it.
Right now it is taking somewhere on the order of a month between calling about type class and having a wet paper license. Ymmv depending on who you use.

Also, they will ask about it in the interview - what is your plan to get a 737 type before starting class. Make sure you have done some legwork and have a viable plan.
Quote: Start of class. They won't start you without it.
Right now it is taking somewhere on the order of a month between calling about type class and having a wet paper license. Ymmv depending on who you use.

Also, they will ask about it in the interview - what is your plan to get a 737 type before starting class. Make sure you have done some legwork and have a viable plan.
Thanks. Making the plan! YMMV?
HPA is an option, PanAm, who else?
Southwest hiring info
Your mileage may vary
Quote: Your mileage may vary
I was thinking it was YOU MAKE ME VOMIT
Do they want you to have the NG type, or can it be classic? Does it matter?

Thanks
Quote: Do they want you to have the NG type, or can it be classic? Does it matter?

Thanks
I think either one is fine. It's the same on your ticket.

Any updates on class dates? Haven't heard of anyone being called for a class yet.
Quote: Do they want you to have the NG type, or can it be classic? Does it matter?
A B-737 Type just says B-737. It covers the -100 to the -900ER.
7  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  27  67  117 
Page 17 of 328
Go to