Money for school?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: TSTC is an 18 month AA degree program. Your problem will be keeping yourself funded for a shorter duration campus stay, you should talk to them and see if any previous students have a 3 year horizon.

I should of been more specific. I'm planning on attending TSTC Air Academy in Abilene Tx. It does not have a degree program like the Waco campus.
Quote: My first question is do you have a bachelor's degree? If you want to fly for one of the major airlines you will need to have one. It doesn't need to be in aviation; can be whatever you want.

So if you don't have a bachelor's, perhaps that should be the first step.

Secondly I am partial to US Aviation Academy of course but one thing I would note is that it is generally cheaper to do your training Part 141, not part 61. 141 however is more structured and takes a bit of a more full time dedication which would probably be easier to do after you finish your service.

After you get your CFI you will probably want to teach for a while to gain hours (and income). Might look at US Aviation for that as well since we just got a deal with American Eagle (see the US Aviation thread in this forum).

I do not have a bachelors degree (yet). I'm two classes away from my associates and then I will be pursing my bachelors. (Information Technology)

I will look into Us Aviation. But I just don't want to wait 3 years to even start the process.
Thats perfectly understandable, but I would work on the bachelors first. I thought about IT when I started college but decided I liked Finance and Economics better. Still a very interesting field though.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to