Eagle's new "$10k scholarship stipend"

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: DAL downsized after their merger...Freedom Airlines, CHQ, Comair, pncl.
True, they are several hundred pilots down from 2008's numbers but, domestic capacity cuts usually hit the regionals harder. AA/US will be no different.
But in comparison to the other airlines AA had by far the smallest feed, in terms of airplane size and overall seats. AA also had shrunk considerably. And after many of the mergers we saw the all Legacy carriers shrink capacity. US and AA both have well over 80% load factors and they have dumped most of the unprofitable routes. With the combined network they will likely have some adjustments that will leads to larger airframes on certain routes and decreased number of airframes but they won't be decreasing capacity much. Most flights are oversold these days, any more capacity that is decreased will be handed to the competition.
Quote: But in comparison to the other airlines AA had by far the smallest feed, in terms of airplane size and overall seats. AA also had shrunk considerably. And after many of the mergers we saw the all Legacy carriers shrink capacity. US and AA both have well over 80% load factors and they have dumped most of the unprofitable routes. With the combined network they will likely have some adjustments that will leads to larger airframes on certain routes and decreased number of airframes but they won't be decreasing capacity much. Most flights are oversold these days, any more capacity that is decreased will be handed to the competition.

Post merger, none of the legacies "involuntay furloughed."
Quote: Probably a little beer speak but also lessons learned over time. All Legacy carrier mergers come with some down sizing. AA / USAir will be no different. The percentage, I can't honestly say, but I believe they will down size slightly more then some previous legacy mergers.

Also do not confuse down sizing with no hiring. These two things are independent. I do believe AA / USAir will down size slightly, however, they will also have to hire just like everyone else due to their large retirement numbers over the next 18 years.

Please see the CAL/UAL merger and the fact that UAL is now HIRING.....
Why don't they just up their regular bonus to 10k?
I wonder about this program. Let's say a college student signs up for this program now. AE/AA gives the student the money, benefits, and a job at AE. But 2 years after he graduates AE is shrinking as pilots flow to AA. He is used as a body in the FO seat on reserve for life to keep the airline alive till they shut down Eagle. What if AA comes to the student as said you only worked one year of your 2 year contract. You owe us. No way would I ever accept money from a company that is in bankruptcy and can't attract employees. They are forced to this McDonalds approach to ordering a pilot.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to