KRDU based AE pilot charge arrested

Subscribe
Raleigh pilot arrested on alcohol charge | abc11.com

Some of the statistics are higher than I would have guessed.
Average of around 12 per year and well over a 100 per year entering treatment in the mentioned program.
Quote: Raleigh pilot arrested on alcohol charge | abc11.com

Some of the statistics are higher than I would have guessed.
Average of around 12 per year and well over a 100 per year entering treatment in the mentioned program.

Ummm, I knew his name sounded familiar and thought maybe this was old news so I googled it. He is the same guy who was arrested in early January in MSP before a flight to NY.

Is this an old news story, even thought the date of the article says 4/9/13 or was there another incident?
Is there any type of disability program/insurance commonly available to the typical 121 guy so he can draw some sort of paycheck while in rehab?
Quote: Ummm, I knew his name sounded familiar and thought maybe this was old news so I googled it. He is the same guy who was arrested in early January in MSP before a flight to NY.

Is this an old news story, even thought the date of the article says 4/9/13 or was there another incident?
The article states " A Raleigh-based American Eagle pilot was arrested Friday after he failed a blood-alcohol breath test as he prepared to fly from Minneapolis-St. Paul to New York City..."

It just hit my internal email news today so I posted it thinking it was a new occurrence. Same departure and arrival locations though.
When I use Google News to search for his name I only come up with results for a recent incident.
I remember his face from before...if he got off the hook and then did it again he deserves what he's going to get.
Quote: I remember his face from before...if he got off the hook and then did it again he deserves what he's going to get.

Must be a slow news day, or this guy just caught for the second time this year under suspicion of trying to fly from MSP to LGA under the influence. What are the odds?

From Jan. 4th, 2013
Airport Police: American Eagle Pilot Fails Breathalyzer, Arrested Before Flight To LaGuardia « CBS New York
I think this is the same incident. He's grounded since the first
arrest. I think this arrest is for state charges rather than
federal.
Quote: I remember his face from before...i̶f̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ he deserves what he's going to get.

Fixed it for ya.
I think the deal is that they have decided to bring him up on state charges vs federal. They feel they have a much better chance of successful prosecution that way. The reason stated is that the federal charges require operation of the aircraft, while the state can charge attempted operation of the aircraft... Basically they want a tighter case and not let him slip through the cracks.