FedEx / UPS

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Any FedEx or UPS pilots out there ? I was wondering what the approximate salary to start off was. I was also wondering what kind of schedule you have ?
UPS has an outstanding starting salary of about $33,000. Schedule usually starts out as a reserve pilot on a 16 on, 13 off schedule or a variation that gives you 13 days off on reserve in a 28 day bid period. You can probably hold a line fairly quickly, but you may not want what you get.
ok
Ok, so how much would you approximately make hypothetically after 5 yrs ?
FedEx Contract ...

"A. New Hire Compensation
A new hire pilot shall receive a salary of two-thousand dollars per month until his first actual activation date."

----------------

Once activated (finished IOE, approximately 11-12 weeks after date of hire) first year pay for f/o and s/o is $54.35/hr. So ... $54.35 x 950 hrs/yr = $51632. Not bad for first year pay. Is there better first year pay anywhere else?

5th year widebody f/o pay will be $145/hr. $145 x 950hrs/yr = ~$138,000 plus overtime. For the past 10+ years you could be a 727 Capt after 5yrs at $194/hr. Past performance does not predict future ....

Mark
With the new contract, probably 140,000 with no overtime and no sick bank payout. Give or take..
cool
<---- I am going to be a rich man... .lol , j/k. That is a nice pay salary. I wouldn't mind doing that for the first couple of years.
are you joking??? first couple of years??? fed ex and ups are major airlines. You know how many pilots are trying to get on with them right now? They are the 2 highest paying airlines in this country.
lol
I may get lucky, lol.
Quote: Ok, so how much would you approximately make hypothetically after 5 yrs ?
At UPS, if your hire date was Jan 1, 2007, the FO rate on Jan 1, 2012 is $155.03/hr.

Take that and multiply by 75 (28 day guarantee) and then multiply by 13 (number of pay periods). It comes out to a little over $150K/yr.

Hopefully inflation won't go up 1000% by then like it seems to have in the past 10 years.
Quote: FedEx Contract ...

"A. New Hire Compensation
A new hire pilot shall receive a salary of two-thousand dollars per month until his first actual activation date."

----------------

Once activated (finished IOE, approximately 11-12 weeks after date of hire) first year pay for f/o and s/o is $54.35/hr. So ... $54.35 x 950 hrs/yr = $51632. Not bad for first year pay. Is there better first year pay anywhere else?

5th year widebody f/o pay will be $145/hr. $145 x 950hrs/yr = ~$138,000 plus overtime. For the past 10+ years you could be a 727 Capt after 5yrs at $194/hr. Past performance does not predict future ....

Mark
Do newhires ever start out immediately as a S/O in the DC-10? Or do you go to the 727 first then bid for the DC-10 S/O seat after you're there (am I on the right track?)? Just curious...
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to