Last AA pilot on furlough offered recall

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 12
Go to
AA73.....great news! This has been a long 10+ (almost 12 years!) in the making. Hopefully we will continue the trend at UAL.

Fly safe brother!
Quote: That's 14,000 Pilots, 9,000 will retire with in 10 years. With 27 years left to my career it sounds pretty good!
I think the number is closer to 5,000 in ten years...but yes, still a good number.
Based on the numbers listed here on apc, the total pilots including those listed on furlough for the combined list is 15,861. With 8,133 retirements through the end of 2023. the 9,000 number was something someone else had given me. Either way the dead movement of the last 12 years is coming to an end! I don't believe in the shortage of pilots, but natural progression will resume.
I wonder why the Be Prepared list hasn't been updated in almost a month. There are still 148 AE folks on the list who remain to be called, as far as we know. We ARE still interested in the prognosis and progress reports.
Quote: I wonder why the Be Prepared list hasn't been updated in almost a month. There are still 148 AE folks on the list who remain to be called, as far as we know. We ARE still interested in the prognosis and progress reports.
You may be interested, but they aren't interested in you. Nobody cares about Eagle pilots.

Duh.
Quote: I wonder why the Be Prepared list hasn't been updated in almost a month. There are still 148 AE folks on the list who remain to be called, as far as we know. We ARE still interested in the prognosis and progress reports.
Nothing on ALPA, either. I'd really like to know how many people in the 18th class they've called so far. Getting a little nerve-wracking!
Quote: You may be interested, but they aren't interested in you. Nobody cares about Eagle pilots.

Duh.
No kidding, but we are on the list - WITH seniority numbers - and will soon be "one of them", so one might expect that the BP list would be continued through to the end of the seniority list.

Quote: Nothing on ALPA, either. I'd really like to know how many people in the 18th class they've called so far. Getting a little nerve-wracking!
Funny how that is, now that we are on the cusp.
Don is waiting probably to see if there are any more undefers coming back to the June 5 class. They ( undefers) have to give a 30 day notice prior to being accepted into the next clas which puts it at COB may 6. Therefore I believe if you give Don a few days after that, you will see the 8.8 version with up to date info on how far they got down the list for June 5 th class. Yes you are on the list, and hope you exercise that right. No one has forgotten anyone. Just the way things are happening. I too have accepted June 5th, but hav not gotten the nod, till May 7 comes around. Once again depends on the undefers.
Quote: AA73.....great news! This has been a long 10+ (almost 12 years!) in the making. Hopefully we will continue the trend at UAL.

Fly safe brother!
Thanks amigo, likewise.

"No Tie"
Quote: Based on the numbers listed here on apc, the total pilots including those listed on furlough for the combined list is 15,861. With 8,133 retirements through the end of 2023. the 9,000 number was something someone else had given me. Either way the dead movement of the last 12 years is coming to an end! I don't believe in the shortage of pilots, but natural progression will resume.
From the American and US Airways data on APC I come up with total pilots = 14768 and retirements thru 2023 = 6235. What am I missing? I like your retirement numbers better!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 12
Go to