skywest seat lock?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I just got hired by skywest. woot!
I'm stoked to be with skywest. Very excited to start.

I start class this week, and I was talking to a regional captain buddy
(different airline) and we were talking of seat lock. His airline has a
2 year seat lock. This is hampering him in moving to bigger equipment.

I'm on the Brazilia, and I wonder if I'm seat locked there for 1 or 2 years.

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback.
seat lock
99% sure it's one year on both the EMB 120 and CRJ. If you have the july 28 class you have some cool guys in your class.
Congrats!!!
SInce my husband is also applying to SkyWest I was wondering if you could give me a time line of your process, i.e. How long from applying did you get an interview? Interwiew until you heard back that you were hired? Any tips for us? Thanks in advance
I was flying in Providence RI the other day. I thought I heard Skywest on the radio there.....I am in PVD everyday and never heard them before. Do you know if they just picked up routs there?
One year seat lock after any training event with the exception of upgrade after initial. That is, if your seniority can hold upgrade inside a year after initial, the seat lock is waived.

Quote:
I was flying in Providence RI the other day. I thought I heard Skywest on the radio there.....I am in PVD everyday and never heard them before. Do you know if they just picked up routs there?
You heard right. Skywest does PVD. There are a few other NE destinations too: ALB, SYR, BVT... All out of ORD.
[QUOTE=SkyWestPilot]One year seat lock after any training event with the exception of upgrade after initial.

So is this pretty common among all carriers? Like for PSA or Chautauqua? If you are on the CRJ-200 and you want the -700 at PSA, or if you are on the EMB-145 at Chautauqua and you want the -170?
No
PSA does differences training for fo's generally at 6 months to a year for fo's (or sooner if you can hold CLT, where all the 701's are based.)

No seat lock, Common type for Captains, theoretically jump from one to the other but doesn't happen that often...YET!

Good Luck,
PSACPSP
Clt?
How hard is it to get to CLT at PSA? Is it generally realistic to be able to hold CLT within the first 6 months?
Hard to say!
With the closing of PHL, we were telling all interviewees that they could eventually hold CLT...This got turned around and for some reason someone thought immediately....Everyone was raising cane with planning and The CP's got a nasty note from Planning today, therefore, it's hard to say but 6 months would be a reasonable "Guess".

PSACPSP
PHL is closing?
So is PSA still hiring? I heard about a month ago that they were looking for people, but I haven't heard much recently. Also, when is PHL closing, and is there going to be a crew base to replace it???
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to