Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Old 04-03-2019, 09:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
How does SET increase maintenance costs?
If you are not privy to the cost of a single cracked cold section vs. thousands of hours of APU fuel, I cannot help you.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:26 PM
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by 360KIAS View Post
If you are not privy to the cost of a single cracked cold section vs. thousands of hours of APU fuel, I cannot help you.
I’m just tying to figure out how if I back out of the gate in JFK, start 1 and keep the APU going, then start #2 about 45 mins later, how that will “crack a cold section,” versus starting 1 and 2 initially, then taxiing for 45 minutes. How does not starting an engine cause wear and tear?
Old 04-04-2019, 04:12 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

If you follow the cooldown, how does shutting it down before the gate increase those events? I mean the engine has to be shut down anyway...

The company pushed SET for YEARS, then they pi$$ed away all the pilot goodwill and now they don't bother asking.

Did you know guys used to VOLUNTARILY clean the planes to help on the turns? No arm twisting required. You don't see that anymore.

You see CAs do stand up PAs at other carriers? That started at JetBlue.
Everyone did them, now no one does

Must be because everyone is so happy here.

Last edited by PasserOGas; 04-04-2019 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: B6

Originally Posted by PasserOGas View Post
If you follow the cooldown, how does shutting it down before the gate increase those events? I mean the engine has to be shut down anyway...

The company pushed SET for YEARS, then they pi$$ed away all the pilot goodwill and now they don't bother asking.

Did you know guys used to VOLUNTARILY clean the planes to help on the turns? No arm twisting required. You don't see that anymore.

You see CAs do stand up PAs at other carriers? That started at JetBlue.
Everyone did them, now no one does

Must be because everyone is so happy here.
What are saying?......
Old 04-04-2019, 06:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

From what’s been told to me was to reapply in every window. I did and eventually got the call. There may calls without having to reapply (contrary to what I’ve been told or what the email they send to applicants says) but I think those may be the minority. Yet again APC members turn it into a complex argument. Dude it’s simple if you don’t care enough to find the one hour it takes to reapply then you should probably focus on applying to a place that triggers that desire.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

I’m just tying to figure out how if I back out of the gate in JFK, start 1 and keep the APU going, then start #2 about 45 mins later, how that will “crack a cold section,” versus starting 1 and 2 initially, then taxiing for 45 minutes. How does not starting an engine cause wear and tear?
What I was alluding to was that SET may not be all that much of a cost saver, unless one anticipates a really significant taxi. On the flip side, doing a SET for a short taxi, getting near the runway, having to hurry up and start then T/O without proper warm-up time is more likely to cause engine wear/damage that would offset the fuel savings rather quickly.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:06 AM
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

What I was alluding to was that SET may not be all that much of a cost saver, unless one anticipates a really significant taxi. On the flip side, doing a SET for a short taxi, getting near the runway, having to hurry up and start then T/O without proper warm-up time is more likely to cause engine wear/damage that would offset the fuel savings rather quickly.
What SOP allows a take-off "without proper warm-up time"?
Old 04-04-2019, 08:12 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Ok, let's just pretend all this is true. That's not the reason guys aren't doing it. (Or stand ups, or cleaning, or sticking around after the flight to glad hand.) Morale is in the toilet. That is the reason.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:50 AM
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by PasserOGas View Post
Ok, let's just pretend all this is true. That's not the reason guys aren't doing it. (Or stand ups, or cleaning, or sticking around after the flight to glad hand.) Morale is in the toilet. That is the reason.
Nailed it.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:48 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Each window they flush old apps. The only apps they look at for interviews are from the current (last open) window. In other words, once this window closes, they won’t pull any apps or call anyone from previous windows who did not apply in this window.

I just pulled the email out of my junk folder. Does this mean to update our profile information and hit submit, or does this mean to re-register?