Search
Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by X58DeltaDriver View Post
I just pulled the email out of my junk folder. Does this mean to update our profile information and hit submit, or does this mean to re-register?
Update profile as well as reapply. Don’t need to re-register though. Good luck
Old 04-04-2019, 03:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by PasserOGas View Post
Ok, let's just pretend all this is true. That's not the reason guys aren't doing it. (Or stand ups, or cleaning, or sticking around after the flight to glad hand.) Morale is in the toilet. That is the reason.
Nobody cleans (have never had a CA I was flying with do it nor suggest I do it) because we are not required to.

Every flight I have been on since the stay on the plane rule went into effect, one or both of us stays til all pax deplane, unless we need to leave sooner.

Stand ups are hit and miss, just as they were at my previous airline. But they get done.

Morale - obviously you feel differently about JB than I do - you've got your reasons and I'm not going to try to change your mind. But MY experience is that I have never been in the cockpit with a crew that is unhappy to be here, at least post-CBA. There was grumbling going on prior to last August, to be sure. But not once have I felt a low morale up front.

I'm sorry that you feel so miserable here. That's no way to go thru life.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by X58DeltaDriver View Post
I just pulled the email out of my junk folder. Does this mean to update our profile information and hit submit, or does this mean to re-register?
Just update your hours and any pertinent info that may have changed.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:14 PM
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by 360KIAS View Post
Just update your hours and any pertinent info that may have changed.
Since the email says to do otherwise, I’d recommend to do what the email says.

“If you would like to be considered for the First Officer position at JetBlue Airways, please update your online profile and reapply for the First Officer position.”

You really need to $tfu with your bad advice.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:27 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
What SOP allows a take-off "without proper warm-up time"?
Warm up times are recommended
Old 04-04-2019, 03:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by 360KIAS View Post

Morale - obviously you feel differently about JB than I do - you've got your reasons and I'm not going to try to change your mind. But MY experience is that I have never been in the cockpit with a crew that is unhappy to be here, at least post-CBA. There was grumbling going on prior to last August, to be sure. But not once have I felt a low morale up front.

I'm sorry that you feel so miserable here. That's no way to go thru life.
I’m not going to say you’re wrong, because I do experience the same atmosphere within the flight deck mostly, just like you. Although I do mostly day trips so maybe the 4 day trippers who commute are different.

I will say that if someone is unhappy, the majority will keep it to themselves internally. We also have so many avenues to vent our frustrations now (APC, BP’s, jbpilots, potatofarm) that by the time you get to fly with someone who’s venting online, their head is clear for a few days during your trip with them.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
Since the email says to do otherwise, I’d recommend to do what the email says.

“If you would like to be considered for the First Officer position at JetBlue Airways, please update your online profile and reapply for the First Officer position.”

You really need to $tfu with your bad advice.
I meant basically what you said, no need to re-register, just reapply, which means updating anything that has changed. Happy now? I didn't see your post before I replied, or I wouldn't have even replied, because you already answered the question.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by nuball5 View Post
I’m not going to say you’re wrong, because I do experience the same atmosphere within the flight deck mostly, just like you. Although I do mostly day trips so maybe the 4 day trippers who commute are different.

I will say that if someone is unhappy, the majority will keep it to themselves internally. We also have so many avenues to vent our frustrations now (APC, BP’s, jbpilots, potatofarm) that by the time you get to fly with someone who’s venting online, their head is clear for a few days during your trip with them.
Perhaps you are correct. For all I know, I have flown with POG, and we got along great. Maybe.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:05 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2018

How long is the window opened on 01Apr last?
Old 04-05-2019, 06:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by Way2Busy View Post
How long is the window opened on 01Apr last?
Per internal communication the window will be open for 4 weeks.