Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Old 06-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by hvydriver View Post
TF,

I don't know that it really matters. The class I'm in runs the gamut from Cape Air folks to retired AF transport pilots, and everything in between. It appears to me that they really do hire for the person, not the numbers. As long as you meet the mins, I'd say your chances are equal with everyone else. YMMV
Hvy,

I appreciate the thoughts. I've got family near BOS and would love to just move there and never commute the rest of my career. Currently awaiting IOE as an RJ FO, and our Director of Training says jetBlue hires a lot of our guys. Hopefully all of that has some value to the Blue Juice factory.

You have any idea how external LORs factor into the hiring process?
Old 06-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Xx4jwh7Fs

What is this? Does cape have a secret flow through to JB?
Old 06-09-2014, 02:40 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2014

[QUOTE]
Hvy,

I appreciate the thoughts. I've got family near BOS and would love to just move there and never commute the rest of my career. Currently awaiting IOE as an RJ FO, and our Director of Training says jetBlue hires a lot of our guys. Hopefully all of that has some value to the Blue Juice factory.

TF,
Not to barge into your conversation, but I had 3 internal and 3 external. They ask you not to bring more than 3 internals and 3 external. Its agood idea for at least 1 of your externals to be feom someone you have recently flown with, just what I think. Not a must have. Good luck!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:37 AM
Retired Doug herder

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: Former DC8 73 Capt DHLAirways/Astar. Retired

Originally Posted by TallFlyer View Post
Hvy,

What FS said. I had 3 and 3 for LOR's. All from folks who I'd flown with. We had some in our class that had none. Couldn't hurt to have them if you can get them.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 320 F.O.

Originally Posted by ClarenceOver View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Xx4jwh7Fs

What is this? Does cape have a secret flow through to JB?
It's not secret it is one of our gateway programs.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:20 AM
Retired Doug herder

Originally Posted by Climbto450 View Post
It's not secret it is one of our gateway programs.
One of the guys in my class is a Cape Air alum. If I had half his brain, I'd be coasting! LOL!! He's a great guy.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by FlyinSouth View Post
TF,
Not to barge into your conversation, but I had 3 internal and 3 external. They ask you not to bring more than 3 internals and 3 external. Its agood idea for at least 1 of your externals to be feom someone you have recently flown with, just what I think. Not a must have. Good luck!
Hey, no worries! I appreciate the insight.

What FS said. I had 3 and 3 for LOR's. All from folks who I'd flown with. We had some in our class that had none. Couldn't hurt to have them if you can get them.
Got it. To be clear, we're talking about LORs that are uploaded as part of the application, or to be brought along later if they call? As I recall from last time there's an option to upload several documents (certs, LORs) during the application process.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:06 AM
Retired Doug herder

Originally Posted by TallFlyer View Post
Hey, no worries! I appreciate the insight.

Got it. To be clear, we're talking about LORs that are uploaded as part of the application, or to be brought along later if they call? As I recall from last time there's an option to upload several documents (certs, LORs) during the application process.
You can do it either way. I printed and brought mine. I only have an iPad now, and couldn't get it to upload unless it was a picture of an LOR. I had my required documents (they will tell you what to bring if you get called to interview) in a nice blue folder, and an electronic print out of my logbook. Paper logs are fine, but they went flat cray over a full print out. One guy in my interview actually showed up with a shoebox full of crew logs. That, I would not recommend. I was the only one in my group to bring an elog print out. Everyone else brought logbooks. I didn't notice them pouring over guys logs looking for endorsements or anything. Mostly just looking to see that the times claimed made sense.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: A-10

I applied last November when the window opened after attending Vets in Blue. I didn't realize that once I submitted my original application I wouldn't be able to open it up and update everything like other applications from other airlines. Does anyone know how I could update my original application? Should I delete my app and then just reapply when the window opens again?
Old 06-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B6

I think they will probably flush the apps again before the July window. Just a guess though.