Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Old 08-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: EMJ CA

Just curious from guys getting interviews. Does a RJ FO w 5000 TT No TPIC even have a shot at an interview? I know Spirit has hired some RJ FOs but not sure about jetBlue. I assume there are a ton of RJ Capt's applying. But the way I see it, it can't hurt to try. Thx
Old 08-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”

Originally Posted by colinflyin View Post
Just curious from guys getting interviews. Does a RJ FO w 5000 TT No TPIC even have a shot at an interview? I know Spirit has hired some RJ FOs but not sure about jetBlue. I assume there are a ton of RJ Capt's applying. But the way I see it, it can't hurt to try. Thx

Put your app in and see what happens.....as you said it can't hurt.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by rdc034 View Post

One interesting nugget - the question about living within 2 hours of JFK, BOS, LGB, MCO or FLL. I wish there was a sub-question of "If hired, would you be willing to relocate with 2 hours of JFK, BOS, LGB, MCO or FLL?" I wonder how much stock they are putting into your location.
Not saying it means anything, but from people I've heard in various classes, there seems to be a "noticeable" favor in people who live close to a JetBlue base. Of course, all just hear-say and is most likely just a coincidence. But I can't say I blame them.... Someone I flew with the other day who was more than competitive, lives in MSP, told me he can't get a call from Blue to save his life. When he went to a career fair and showed his resume the recruiter said "to be honest, you have Delta written all over you."
Old 08-03-2014, 06:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: FO4LIFE

Originally Posted by sandrich View Post
Not saying it means anything, but from people I've heard in various classes, there seems to be a "noticeable" favor in people who live close to a JetBlue base. Of course, all just hear-say and is most likely just a coincidence. But I can't say I blame them.... Someone I flew with the other day who was more than competitive, lives in MSP, told me he can't get a call from Blue to save his life. When he went to a career fair and showed his resume the recruiter said "to be honest, you have Delta written all over you."
Well, that sucks. I live in a Delta base and have no interest whatsoever going to DL.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by Spoilers View Post
Well, that sucks. I live in a Delta base and have no interest whatsoever going to DL.
It does. It's like being denied employment at McDonalds because you live next to a Burger King. But like I said, I'm not saying that's their intent, but I'm sure there's enough applicants that they are able to be that selective and avoid the ones with, as they see it, "red flags."
Old 08-03-2014, 08:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Petting Zoo

Originally Posted by Spoilers View Post
Pure curiosity, why not?
Old 08-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by sandrich View Post
First, let me start with saying thank you for those at JetBlue who have been providing solid insight, advice, and answering questions here on APC. I've been following this thread for a while and have really appreciated the feedback.

Secondly, I have a question myself. Here's the deal:
I don't currently live in Florida, but, I grew up there, my whole family still lives there, and I have a rental house that is all within ~2 hours of both MCO and FLL. My intent if I ever got the call to come onboard with JetBlue would be to pick myself up and move back home. So, should I use an address in Florida such as a family's house or my rental house for the ability to check the "2 hours within driving distance", or leave my current address and express my desires in the cover letter to move? I don't want to seem like I'm bluffing with a FL address when I'm not really there, but I also don't want to not take the leverage if the hiring team won't really care.

Thoughts?
Old 08-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Does anyone know how to ad additional documents once the app has been submitted? I submitted mine a couple of days ago and now got another letter of recommendation that I would like to put it there. Is there a way to do this?
Old 08-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by IlikePlaness View Post
First, let me start with saying thank you for those at JetBlue who have been providing solid insight, advice, and answering questions here on APC. I've been following this thread for a while and have really appreciated the feedback.

Secondly, I have a question myself. Here's the deal:
I don't currently live in Florida, but, I grew up there, my whole family still lives there, and I have a rental house that is all within ~2 hours of both MCO and FLL. My intent if I ever got the call to come onboard with JetBlue would be to pick myself up and move back home. So, should I use an address in Florida such as a family's house or my rental house for the ability to check the "2 hours within driving distance", or leave my current address and express my desires in the cover letter to move? I don't want to seem like I'm bluffing with a FL address when I'm not really there, but I also don't want to not take the leverage if the hiring team won't really care.

Thoughts?
Definitely put the FL address
Old 08-03-2014, 10:43 AM
SDQ Base Chief

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA

Originally Posted by turbojet28 View Post
Does anyone know how to ad additional documents once the app has been submitted? I submitted mine a couple of days ago and now got another letter of recommendation that I would like to put it there. Is there a way to do this?
You should be able to upload those to the 'additional documents' section if your main profile.