Search
Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
I wouldnt count on it. Submit your application now, then upload any additional LORs to your main profile in the additional documents section.
Originally Posted by rvr1800 View Post
Yeah I agree. You never know when the next window will be. Submit it ASAP.
Originally Posted by NYBlue View Post
The posting is always open for at least 7 days, and that is also what was confirmed to me by a solid source. Since 7 days puts you at this Thursday, you still have plenty of time. Also, Thursday is the middle of OBAP (where JetBlue will have a booth), so my guess is that they won't close the window until the OBAP conference is over.
Thank you for the feedback! It is much appreciated!
Old 08-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by IlikePlaness View Post
Thank you for the feedback! It is much appreciated!
Well, who here doesn't...
...like planes?

Sorry, it has been a long day

One thing I have to say is that the jetBlue guys in here are really helpful, for what I have noticed.
Is it safe to say it has something to do with the company culture?
Old 08-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 737 right

What did everyone put down for the "skills" section? "i.e. leadership, software, management"

For us military guys are we supposed to list all of those things and basically say they have applied to us since we joined the military?

And also what about certifications? Are we supposed to list all of our FAA ratings here? Seems redundant...
Old 08-04-2014, 05:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: A320 FO

I don't really know how much stock they put in where you live. Guys on here swear you won't get a call if you don't live around JFK, BOS, LGB or FL. I've got friends in class now or hired recently that live in DTW, MSP, BNA and Texas. Some have zero TPIC, some have 2000 hours of TPIC. Don't listen to the internet as none of us really know for sure what they're looking for. In fact, the target moves around so much, I'm not sure the recruiters know for sure sometimes. If you wanna work here and meet the minimums, put the app in and start networking.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by Kellwolf View Post
I don't really know how much stock they put in where you live. Guys on here swear you won't get a call if you don't live around JFK, BOS, LGB or FL. I've got friends in class now or hired recently that live in DTW, MSP, BNA and Texas. Some have zero TPIC, some have 2000 hours of TPIC. Don't listen to the internet as none of us really know for sure what they're looking for. In fact, the target moves around so much, I'm not sure the recruiters know for sure sometimes. If you wanna work here and meet the minimums, put the app in and start networking.
The point was that it could only help. If you've got the option to use a local address then I'd recommend doing it.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

People sometimes puts too much thoughts in simple things.

If you want to upload half of your paperwork into the app, do it. If you want to keep it simple, that's also your choice.

I believe B6 rely more in recommendations than in flight experience.

Good luck to everyone, we all want to move to better places.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:12 AM
SDQ Base Chief

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA

Originally Posted by NoSidNoStar View Post
Well, who here doesn't...
...like planes?

Sorry, it has been a long day

One thing I have to say is that the jetBlue guys in here are really helpful, for what I have noticed.
Is it safe to say it has something to do with the company culture?
Ill get a ton of crap for this, but the culture here at jetblue is mostly positive. Other pilots are generally nice to fly with, despite any complaining you might see on here. Inflight, gate agents, etc are easy to get along with.

Yes there are things that we need to change, but i feel we are heading in the right direction. Jetblue is a good place to be, especially if you live in the northeast or florida.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”

Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
Ill get a ton of crap for this, but the culture here at jetblue is mostly positive. Other pilots are generally nice to fly with, despite any complaining you might see on here. Inflight, gate agents, etc are easy to get along with.

Yes there are things that we need to change, but i feel we are heading in the right direction. Jetblue is a good place to be, especially if you live in the northeast or florida.

Totally agree....

You should be fine saying that here but go on bluepilots and you are a dead man.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: At JBLU

When I interviewed, the toughest part was by the end of the day I was exhausted from maintaining the positive attitude that was pervasive in and around the support center. It was a nice change though.

Waiting on a class date. I live in ATL. The interviewer DID ask "what will keep you here if Delta calls?" I told him Delta wasn't my cup o tea. I wanted to work somewhere the rest of my career that had a positive work environment and Delta ain't it.

Evidently they were happy with my answer.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by pilotpayne View Post
Totally agree....

You should be fine saying that here but go on bluepilots and you are a dead man.
May I ask you why is that? I assume bluepilots is your dedicated web site. What is wrong about having a positive attitude?
I am just trying to understand. Has it something to do with labor negotiations? Isn't personal wealth as result of good energy, synergy, and an overall happy environment? Is management try to push that as the only important issue, minimizing the importance of fair remuneration? What is the majority of the pilots and other employees feeling about this? jetBlue alway camels across as a pleasant work place. Am I naive?